1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Stomach thats what i Need

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by jayyu5, Jun 2, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

rdhieva,

As its almost close to year that you had c-section, you can start exercises. You can start with walking, if you want you can confirm this with Gynec. My gynec usually says after 6-8 weeks of csection itself we can resume all normal exercises. So cross check and start your weight loss journey. One common mistake we ladies make is eating of kids left over food, if you are one of those avoid it strictly.

2. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi lakshmi..

breast feeding does not increase weight.. it means that for our babies getting enough food, people start eating more adn so we get more weight that is the problem... and i ve started doing situps from today........

thx for ur reply.. i need more suggestions frds..

3. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi radha

thx for ur reply and need more of ur suggestions and encouraging replies..

Regards

4. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends

My third week of aerobics class today. My weight is varying between 60 and 61kg. It reduces one day and again today back to 61kg. As far as diet is concerned, i thought i would do something this week. I have made ladys finger sabji. I am going to eat only one cup of rice and have curd one cup. I dont know if this is ok. Night planning to have only fruits. And drinking water thats the toughest part of me, i forget that i have to drink water.
    Friends pls suggest me on diet regulations.

Thanks
    Jayyu

5. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jayanthy,
    I am a housewife and I have a normal weight. But have a very big tummy (may be after delivery tummy which is there from 4 years after c-section) which looks very odd. i desperately want to reduce it. i will be happy to have a flat tummy. pls give me <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> tips and suggestions.
    Even I had joined aerobics but only for 2months. Now I am doing yoga at home but not concentrating only on tummy. Do I have to do such crunches for reducing tummy? Ah! They are really painful.
    I have been taking care to have normal weight at least but not been successful in reducing a bit of my tummy from months together. It just as it is. It looks like I have a 4-5 months pregnant tummy in me. I am really very upset with this.

Pls advise me what regular rule/regime I should follow to achieve it correctly. This is what I have for the day.
    Breakfast- wheat roti/ dosa/ fruits and fluids
    Lunch – boiled rice not too much in quantity, (I can’t avoid it as it provides the energy for entire day work), curry and sabzi.
    Evening- fresh fruit milk shake
    Dinner- same as lunch
    I don’t take anything in between. And also I do take care not to have fat foods having more oil, junk food etc.; the result is that I have a normal weight but no changes in my tummy size…only that part is having all the extra fat so gets all the attention from everybody. So I would like to hear everyone’s useful tips on getting flat tummy. Pls reply.

6. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Baby

Well if you see my posts above me too sailing on the same boat. Few points in my mind:

1. We need to be positive. We need to tell our mind to accept that we are losing weight. Just keep chanting "I lost weight" as though action already has happened.

2. Aerobics or yoga or crunches ab...i guess the last one is the quickest remedy. But i do aerobics. One of our friend "Lakshmi" in IL, has explained how to do few exercises above. Just go through. STart by ten counts for one week and slowly increase 5 plus 5 plus.

3. Diet, even i am not sure. I read the posts of our IL members in here and understood that dinner we should have only fruits. So i take good breakfast(limited) like idly , dosa,etc. During lunch,i have reduced quantity of rice and increased quantity of vegetables. I drink buttermilk also. Dinner, i am yet to start fruits only fruits from today. FOR LUNCH: FIRST DRINK RASAM, BUTTERMILK FIRST., THEN TAKE LITTLE RICE IN CUP AND VEG IN ANOTHER CUP AND LAST CUP OF SALAD (MUST). I am just trying this out.

Regards,
    Jayanthy

7. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi baby,

We have a post called weightloss buddy in IL.There we can post our daily diet and excercise.All our friends in weightloss buddy will suggest us if we need any alterations in diet.So you can also join there.

Diet+ab crunches will give you a perfect flat tummy

I was having a big tummy because of my fatty body.Now even if the weight is not decreased much,my tummy is ok now(Within 1.5 months)

Still I am continuing crunches for getting a flat tummy.I can see that my abs is shaped now :).Now I can wear any dress without fear...

Do the crunche in the morning in empty stomache(You can have water before that but not coffee or tea) if you need to make it more effective.

Love,
    Lakshmi

8. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi rdheiva,

Then start doing good excercises....

Like yoga,aerobics,treadmill,crunches etc......

Love,
    Lakshmi <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1258504", true); </SCRIPT>

9. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi...

I ve been doing light exercises and crunches for the past two days..

Regards,

rdheiva

10. Ramyabhuvana

Ramyabhuvana New IL'ite

thanks a lot guys this i really useful, i should follow this but no time since iam alone with my hubby and a kid. i have to do all household work by my self no maid. after getting up in the morning i should make my kid ready to school then get my self ready to office where is use to sit in a place for a very long time. and after 7 pm prepare dinner eat and tired and go to sleep. this routine life is being followed then when i will have time to workout.

though i do all work by myself there is no weight loss. should i do excercise at night before dinner, or is it good to get a treadmill to workout. please suggest me.

bhuvana.:drowning