1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Stomach thats what i Need

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by jayyu5, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi

After dozens of thoughts and confusions all in my mind, i finally decided to make my stomach flat. I am a house wife, aged 28years. I am 5.3" tall weighing 60kgs. Before pregnancy i was 54kgs now i am 61kgs having such a huge stomach. I want to have a flat stomach.

I went to VLCC for a free consultation where they told that my weight is ok for my height, but i have unnecessary fat of around 12kgs in my stomach area and 3kgs in my arms. My muscle content, protein and water content are low by around 10kgs which compensate for the fat.

So i joined Aerobics classes from 26th May 2010. My whole body aches. My instructor told that it would be so for ten days after which i should be fine. She told that she would give me advice on dieting also.

I seriously look forward to all your suggestions to reduce my weight in a healthy way and have a flat stomach.

also, i need motivation everyday to attend my aerobics class...pls. I have joined for three months course.

Looking forward for all your comments.

Regards,
    Jayanthy

2. biancadee

biancadee New IL'ite

I think I need this too! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jayyu,

Since your weight is okay with your height half the problem is solved. Regarding having a flat tummy you need to do crunches almost everyday. Aerobics is a cardio workout which increases your heart rate. This is also a good workout but as from my experience, you will not get a flat tummy by doing aerobics for 3 months.

You go light on dinner for a month. You watch what you are eating now and try to shift to a low calorie diet with soups,fruits and buttermilk. Then early in the morning if time permits, just do bending exercises. No need to panic about not going to gym. Relax and start bending and touch your toes. Start with a count of minimum 20 and slowly increase it every week. If possible do once in the morning and evening also. You will see the difference definitely. Also try alternating between bending (crunches) and suryanamaskar sometimes. Look for exact poses of suryanamaskar in youtube and try to follow that. Play some light music in the background while doing this. You will get peace and also helps you in toning up.
    I started all my workouts at home. I used to 20 once upon a time and now I could do 300 crunches (in sets) in a day !

4. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi Pman
    A question for you ..After doing the crunches did you have a very flat tummy.
    I want to know what specific exercises are helpful for the abs?

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi modernwoman,

Yes, I have my pre-pregnancy tummy now. You can believe this from the reduction in my jeans size (from 14 to 8). I did not achieve this overnight. I wrote in the article in Shiva's blog that since I have kids to be taken care of, I took it very slowly. It took me one whole year to get to this as I started my weightloss journey last year.

Go to youtube and look for tummy reduction exercises videos and you will get many options. There are many exercises in exercise tv website also. By doing suryanamaskar at home, you could get good results. I used to do SN starting at 10 count initially and then increased it. If you have access to gym, there are many specific machines for toning abs for eg: legpress etc.

Do not lose heart and expect miracles. You have to invest your time to get good results. Also light dinner is recommended to achieve this.

Come back if you have more doubts.

6. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

thanks pman for the guidelines, I have been looking forward to do something about my tumy too! Its hight time now I think that I start :bonk

7. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

You are right your height/weight ratio is good.Just remember one thing you cannot merely concentrate on your abs/stomach exercise.It doesn't work that way.It is good that you are doing aerobics.You will feel exhausted couple of days but it will be a whole body workout.Once you shed overall weight then you can slowly build it later.
    Now your diet should not include refined polished rice like basmati/sona masoori etc.Try eating boiled rice and that too washed couple of times in hot water to get the starch out.drink plenty of water it aides in removing the toxins from body which will help in burning fat faster.
    hope this helps :)

8. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

First of all a big thanks for ur ideas and suggestions. My body pain is far better now since its almost ten days i started my workouts. I feel very energetic after one hour of exercise everyday.

I am not a person who would take effort myself and sit and do workout at home. Quite lazy. Thats why i forced myself to join aerobics class. They teach everything there...crunches, yoga and manymore. And i feel too good.One day they gave me 2kg weight to carry and do (dumples) i believe then other day..they something like a skipping rope with elasticity to stretch and do. One day i did with medicine ball. EAch day is different and good. My biggest thanks would be to my hubby who never fails to wake me up at 5.40am

I cook halfway run to aerobics by cycle come back take bath and start my routine again. I have read about surya namaskar too and i would definetely try doing that in the evening perhaps.

Regarding diet is where i am confused. AFternoons, its only me and my baby. So i have rasam or something..hardly any veg. Breakfast i have started taking fruits and planning to take oats as well. Going to stop idly , dosai, etc. Dinnner most its two chapathis and curd rice and some subji that i do.

Drinking water is the toughest part. I hardly remember that i have to drink water often. Somehow got to make it a habit.

Thanks again friends. Will post more after i resume my class on monday

Jayanthy

9. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

If you need to tone your tummy,you have to concentrate on those muscles.No easy way out.
    The best is Ab crunches.
    Once you master how to do that,do full sit ups also.
    These 2 workouts will definitely help to tone the stomach muscles.

geevee

10. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I have the same desire as you.when I walk i can feel the fat in my tummy moving and makes me frustrated.I hate to see that fat hanging out and sometimes feel like taking a knife and cutting it out --I hate it so much.