1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Five Tips to Reduce Forgetfulness

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by coolblues, Nov 19, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

We all have a good memory, but at times, we do have problems with forgetfulness, isn’t it? Few people get into real problems for being forgetful. One of the main reasons that medical experts quote as the reason for forgetfulness is the failure between memory and attention. You are not really paying attention to the task when something else pre-occupies your mind. Multitasking is the way of the day and we crowd our mind with several thoughts, which makes us give less attention and finally makes us forget things.
    Here are few other things that can make you inattentive
    Anxiety, depression, day dreaming tendency, dissatisfaction, difficult in completing tasks, relationship problems, poor time management, mood swings or conflicting mind.

What can help to solve this annoying forgetfulness?

msdfj932482934.jpg Do Not Multi Task: Give your full attention to one task at a time. Though multitasking may make you feel powerful, you will not be quite productive. You put unnecessary pressure on the brain to carry out different tasks that it becomes difficult for the brain to filter out information and fails to keep a working memory. Multi-taskers cannot easily switch between tasks unlike a single-tasker.
    ca2034923049.jpg Relax Your Mind: A restless mind cannot focus on any particular thing and makes the brain slip some information. Keep your mind relaxed and calm. Remember to pay attention to what you are doing in the present than thinking of the past or future. Additionally, get sufficient sleep of at least 8 hours to recharge your brain.
    car439483290.jpg Exercise: Cardiovascular exercises help to release mood-regulating hormones, which prevents depression and anxiety. Regular breathing exercises also supplies sufficient oxygen to keep your body relaxed. Take up an exercise that challenges your mind. Chess, using your left hand instead of the right or vice versa to do your daily tasks, learning a new language or a hobby will flex the brain muscle.
    ber304923049.jpg Feed the Brain: Vitamin B12, B and folate are some of the essential nutrients that help the optimal function of the brain cells. Berries, cherries, apples, walnuts, turmeric, seafood, dark chocolate, spinach are some natural sources of these nutrients.
    tr02394.jpg [FONT=&quot] Take the Help of Aids:[/FONT] Do not get frustrated with your forgetfulness. Accept and work on it. Numerous aids can help you keep track of things such as the cell phone, organizer, and sticky notes or a simple to-do list.

Do you have other tips to avoid this problem of forgetfulness? Share them...

Admin Note: Check the following discussions on increasing brain power

5 Tips to Reduce Forgetfullness
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/202583-food-your-brain-these-must.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/172532-13-brain-foods-boost-your.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/71990-how-know-foods-suits-brain.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/202991-tips-keep-your-brain-sharp.html

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    16 people like this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

good tips coolblues. But brain need practice to remember and follow the tips at right time :)

1 person likes this.
  3. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

good tips and pratical too

4. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing nice tips for increasing memory cool blues!! i needed it badly :)

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing these nice tips!!!

6. neni

neni Senior IL'ite

Even i need them badly.. Thanks for posting them..

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I remember reading it somewhere two decades back and which is very useful at many a times to me. e.g. for remembering phone numbers etc jut imagine a picture and make funny series of pictures associated with each and every number which makes one remember it rightly as pictorial learning helps to record things easily into our brain.

8. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

9. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Yes, mimur i used to remember the countries of the world and other history stuff using mnemonics.. like the VIBGYOR for the seven colors of the rainbow..

10. SaRe1

SaRe1 Gold IL'ite

I personally find "Lists" to be a great way to fight forgetfulness. Listing out your tasks for the day for just 10min in the morning and going through them repeatedly throughout the day will improve memory greatly.

Personally I use an free app called "any.do" in my Android buddy. After an endless list of apps this seems to be the best for me for it has a very simple and life like interface. They have it for iPhone, iPad and it is available as an extension for Chrome too.

If you are a dinosaur of Jurassic era when it comes to technology and are puzzled by what has been discussed above, you can still cope with the help of a small pocket note.

Hope this helps somebody.