fitting and furnishing a new house

Discussion in 'Housing' started by aparnag, Feb 20, 2012.

1. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Lime Scale/calcium remover would be very useful in maintaining.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

K11,

I use limescale remover for the washing machine regularly..it is a costly affair.

for the bathrooms, i sometimes get those specific cleaners too..but at the end, the hardness remains..what i have understood is that water is becoming more and more hard..tds in ground water is beyond the acceptable limits..

1 person likes this.
  3. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

I have heard Vinegar is good for cleaning damages done by hard water. Maybe you should check it.

I have not tried it but I have a bottle of Vinegar in my bathroom, never used it.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

k11 idhu konjam over..let me tell you i have tried everything available in the market from acid to the one that is supplied by a johnson tiles showroom to the vinegar, tile brush tooth brush..you name it i have used everything..and cleaning them is real hard..and the cost of cleaning one toilet by a service persion is 400 to 700 dependingo n the area location and things...

now be a good boy and do learn cleaning your toilet and baths, your wouldbe wife will appreciate...

1 person likes this.
  5. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Need a help. in our new house which is under construction the bathroom is 4X4, we are planning for Western Closet, please give me some ideas on optimizing the space, i want a dry bathroom.

Regards

Rani

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4x4 is too small..are you sure..because when you actually get the space will be something like 3x3 maximum

and your toilet the western if you go for the regular one will 2ft by 1ft.even if you were going for a wall embeded you still need 1+ft by 1st..and i hope it only a dry restroom and you get a bathroom separately??

7. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

right shanvy the hardness of the water is really too much.. jus tto quote 2 instances...

when we were in better part of city wheret he water was good we had no issues with the washing machine.. after shifting here(rajakilpakkam) we have had 3 repairs... and yesterday the guy who came for servicing removed the filter and what residue was ther.. my god.. was like sand and salt and stinking...

then the we have the aqua guard Ro water purifier.. we calle dhim on the complaint that it takes a lot of time for the water to sil up.. he again cleaned the fileter and said the water is too hard and salty and that creating the block and nothing can be done.. and he suggested for an external filter to reduce the impact to some extend...

i just wish my new home is not as bad as this... still i gaining all strength to live with hard water..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

your RO will be safe because you get palar water in that area for sure..and regarding washing machine depends on how much water you get for the whole flat consumption..

Sowmya, i have switched over to safewash for the very reason and also use limescale remover everymonth in my machine..and don't forget to take an amc for your washingmachine/ac.. it helps..

9. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

No we dont get palar here in rajakilpakkam.. thats what they said.. and its all ground water everywhere including kitchen:(

you mean wipro's safewash? i sthat good? i mean does powder and liquid make any difference?

limescale remover havent heard about it! do you get it in any dept stores? will look for one...

yes after coming here we have taken AMC for RO, washing machine, fridge everything possible :)

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes sowmya i use wipro safewash..i feel it makes a difference..

and you get scalegon or something similar from your washing machine people itself..ifb/whirlpool both have their products..

and when i meant palar, i meant the new flat where you will move too..so don't worry...