fitting and furnishing a new house

Discussion in 'Housing' started by aparnag, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi user 45,

thanks for you reply. whether the new contractor will take this project since its already started??? We dont know how will be the new contractor :-(.

2. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Skilled labour/contractors are hard to find but you can get them. I would say check their references and try to find them on your own. When you talk to them you will be able to understand. If they do a bad job, fire them and hire another person. Building materials are expensive and you do not want to waste not only money but also time.

3. shusneimtahra

shusneimtahra New IL'ite

Hi,

We are booked a 3 bedroom apartment in Marg Savithanjali. I need ideas on some customizations.

1. How many swing hooks are required in each room?
    2. How many plug points 6 amp, 16 amp are in each room esp, kitchen
    3. It has all 3 attached toilets, so what are the Pros and Cons of converting 1 toilet to common.
    4. The builder is giving an outer utility area and provision for washing machine there, But I'm concerned that the appliance cannot be kept outside since it is not a closed room. It might be exposed to sun and rain.
    5. Are lofts required to be provided by the constructors or can it be provisioned by Modular furnishings?
    6. Any other ideas?

Regards,

4. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi

My existing contractor has accepted the new schedule and they are started doing work without break.

Can you please suggest the site or models for window door, home main door.

as of now me and DH only is going to be stayed. Since both are working it should be more safe.

Please suggest your ideas about this.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

windows if you are looking at something different from wood, check out fenesta , though costly look is good

UPVC Windows, UPVC Doors, UPVC Window manufacturer, PVC Windows, PVC Door and
    Reflective glass | Window glass | Saint Gobain glass | Product Enquiry

CHENNAI WINDOW SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. - Manufacturer, Service Provider, Distributor, Supplier, Trading Company, Chennai, India
    doors these people's catalogue is also good
    :: Frp Doors ::

I suggest checking out the local market, today every product is available locally, and you can get the best if you are willing to pay.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and welcome to this forum..do post your queries and will try to help you out if we know the answers..

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  8. subbum12

subbum12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

In somewhere you have said that u r using Prestige hobs. is that a glass top one? should we handle it with more care? You are convenient with the hobs?

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

10. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Can anyone throw somelight on where we can get good furniture for good deals..we have visited some showrooms near medavakkam.. we want some customised sofa and dining set.. i could not able to judge the cost and quality. can any one has any info on this.?