1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness Myths Debunked !!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sabitha_K, Jul 17, 2010.

1. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sabitha for starting this interesting thread. I had a quick question for you with reference to myth #8. What about fat free milk? Am I better off drinking normal milk instead?

2. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

I must say Myth #3 was one of my main excuses of not going to the gym. Yes, the fear of gaining weight once I stop the gym forced me to not put one foot inside the gym. However, now I have gained some weight and I have started going to the gym. And I just laugh thinking how foolish I was then! :bonk

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi contended,
    Do not go for fat free milk, you can make your own fat free milk at home, take the normal milk boil it and the cream or malai that forms on top remove it your milk has become fat free, my mum boils our normal cows milk 3 to 4 times and removes all the malai with that malai we make ghee.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Myth9:- All sugar free food and Diet cokes and diet sodas help in Weightloss.
    Avoid all sugar free foods and diet cokes and diet sodas as they have the synthetic sugar in it which will start attacking your livers and kidneys, have all foods with normal sugar in it. please avoid the sugar free tablets that you put in food or sacrene these are all synthetic sugar and harmful to our bodies, if you want to stop sugar then stop have brown sugar or jaggery, also honey but for honey go for organic honey and have very limited amount of it.
    love

5. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sabitha and Alpa

Very nice thread and you both have shared good information.
    Me too on my weight loss journey.

Alpa i have read about how you helped people to loose weight in the weight loss buddy's blog. Great Work.

The blog has grown so big, trying to catch with things slowly.

luv
    shobha

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

contended, while sabitha is right with myth #8, it, I think will not apply to whole milk vs fat free. I personally feel you are better off with fat free, you get the same calcium and vitamins in both the milks but with vit D milk, you will get a lot more fat and cholestrol!! If you donot like the taste of fat free, you are better off with 1% or 2%. Check the lables on all the varieties and you will get an idea.

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sobhi,
    thanks for your compliments, you should join us in the weight loss buddy
    well i have not helped anyone they ahve helpe themselves and it is their hard work
    love

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Contented,

My namesake has also read my thoughts seamlessly :crazy

Srama has perfectly explained it and even I would corroborate what she has mentioned.Dairy products like milk and yogurt are actually fat-free or low-fat with no harmful additives.I occasionally buy skimmed and semi-skimmed milk variants.You need to be careful when you buy products from deserts and chocolate section and check the ingredients when they say fat-free, sugar-free yada yada.

9. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

I was stongly believing the Myth 1.
    Evn yesterday after ahving my dinner i sleot after half an hour becoz of the same myth.:crazy

How abt sleeping after taking lunch:bonk

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Nice thread. Inspite of all the techniques, the only rule to weight loss would be:

If Calories intake - Calories spent < 0 Weight loss
    However as many people think going on a crash diet would help lose weight is completely untrue.
    The body needs its own time to burn calories, get adjusted to the new body mass.

So, a weight loss of 1 pound per week is a real good one