first time travelling to US

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by swathivarma, Oct 4, 2010.

1. swathivarma

swathivarma New IL'ite

hello Ilites

ma sister first time US (Denwar) ki velthundi ma bava ki onsite proj vachindi .maa bava already vellipoyaru july lo.

eppudu ma akka velthundi thanaki chala bhayyam ekkkuva....
    jus want to know oct 2nd or 3 rd week lo US (denwar) ki velle varlu evaraina unnara?????????? plss let me know

she is so confused she is having 1 1/2 year old. she is very much worried for how to handle her baby becoz its a long journey and that to first time..

she also wants to know what all things she needs to take along wid her

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ilites let me know if anyone one is leaving in those dates

and also plss give me ur suggestions what all she should buy and take along wid her and also eppudu akkada snow fall anta kada....
    plss suggest some tips.
    eagerly waiting for ur reply..........

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hello Swathi,

Tell her there is no need to fear if the journey is planned well , I mean if she knows what to expect during journey. If she doesn't get any company she can talk to co passengers and get the information that time when she is travelling. Mainly she may need to carry some baby food like cereal , milk and toys for baby , diapers in flight journey. Contact the airlines if they provide any baby food and also find what kind of baby food is allowed if we opt to carry. She needs to know how to check in luggauge, how to transfer/change the flights and how to take boarding pass and these are all very simple as we follow other copassengers, they will defenitely help.

If it is long term stay, she may need more items, otherwise she can get along with minimum things like pressure cooker, mixie, some plates, dishes, glasses, sweaters (as this is fall time, will be getting cold here in US) , her dresses, couple of sareer to wear to parties, temple etc. , some baby toys. she can buy jackets for winter after coming here. If she has more space in lagguage, I would recommend to get Tamarind as that is expensive here in US. whatever pickels she wants to get, make them packed in seal in ghee/pickles shop.

You can go through the following thread to know what to carry while travelling to US.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...ada/442-things-bring-india-when-moving-3.html

hope this helps.
    Sujatha.