1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

First Time Cop Pulled You Over?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by jillcastle, Feb 5, 2019.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Today morning when driving to work I was pulled over by a cop for the first time. I have been driving for 3 years, but knew some day it was going to happen. But didn't expect it to go like today. I got so scared, hands started shivering even before he came up to me. Theoretically I knew what I had to do, but I stopped at the left most lane, then moved to right lane and then into a parking lot after several times he announced in his mike. It felt like everyone one was ridiculing me from their cars. My mind was totally blank and I cant even remember half of our conversation.

So this is what happened. I was taking a free right but the signal just turned right. Apparently I was supposed to stop, yield and go, but I thought the signal just changed and I could just go. The cop that stopped me told me he was going to turn on the light for the car in front of me, but I was so bad he turned on lights and the sound for me. Never have I felt so stupid and humiliated. I remembered thinking "Is that really for me?"

DH says it is an experience, but it took me a good 5 minutes after the encounter for my hands to stop shaking. Not to forget, the "ran red lights" ticket puts a sick feeling in my stomach.

So come on, share your stories how was your first time?

Thoughtful likes this.

2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

No one got pulled over? :nono:

3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Never show that you are nervous, sometimes cops perceive this as if you have something to hide.

4. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I know, but I just couldnt control my hands shivering...