1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First thing you do when you return home with you kid after a long working day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by rachanajk2004, Sep 17, 2011.

1. rachanajk2004

rachanajk2004 New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

What is the first thing you do when you return home with you kid after a long working day?

2. priya0311

priya0311 Senior IL'ite

I pick my DD from tution around 8 pm. When entering home, i would be welcomed by my DS's dress, shoes, belts, bags.:bonk (Yes he would leave his luch bag at the door step, his shoes under sofa, his shirt in the middle of the hall, his belt in the cot and his pant near bathroom.)

If my mood is :cool:, I would put all things at its appropriate place myself. If already :redface: then I will :rantso that both of them will do their work properly. Most of the days after my hectic day, I will be drained. (Can't help myself)

Hang my bag in the stand, put my luch box in the sink. If i am in a saree, I will change to my night dress or if in chudi, remain in the same. I don't even have time to wash my face.

Then starts my cleaning duties, :spinsweep the floors, folding clothes, laundrying, simultaneously helping my DD in her studies. Meantime If my DH is back, we all would have a general chat in between :-D Later he will be cooking and I will continue in my cleaning duties or help him. If he has not returned, start cooking.

We will have our dinner around 9.30 pm. Later while my DH prepares milk for me and for him, I make ready for bed. Then starts my :bang with my DS studies. Till 11'o clock it goes on . Then my son will go to sleep and here comes my own time. Until my eyes :bowdownbeg for sleep, i use to read books.

:boo:waking up at 5.30 am, doing yoga for 1 hour. Meanwhile my family members will get up one by one. My DH will make ready for cooker and give me tea. Then starts my duty. My DH helps me in my household duties. Thus my day starts to :rotfl

Only at my weekly off (Sunday) i get time for my grooming.

But I am used to it.

3. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

my kids do wait for me to return home standing near the gate. the first glance at them from far away itself makes me fresh and energitic so as soon as i enter we do hug each other and kiss them . then the next 1 hour is completely for them ( wehave our cofee and tiffin ),discuss and play till my dh arrives.

4. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

I generally reach home around 7 pm. My DS will be waiting for the bell to ring and will come running to open the door. I generally cuddle with him and ask what he did in school and do a couple of pages of coloring or a puzzle whichever he wants to do and play with him till 8. From 8 it will be cooking, other activities etc, in between playing and feeding DS. Then put him to sleep around 10 and then do some light reading and sleep by 11-11.30

5. bunchofroses

bunchofroses Bronze IL'ite

i pick up by lill one by 5:20pm from day care and my older one around 5:45 from his after school day care and reach home by 6pm. I give them something to eat and at 6:30pm I start cooking and simultaneously lessons with my older one. We have our dinner by 8pm. Make both the kids sleep by 9pm. Then I start washing my dishes and continue to do my office work for and hour or so and go to bed by 11pm. Hubby travels most of the time or comes home by 9pm. So pretty much manage on my own.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. ashmitha1508

ashmitha1508 Silver IL'ite

Hi... My baby is only ten months old... I will call her name standing behind the door... she will come in search of me.. i will then take her and her milk bottle and go to our room.. we both will be playing for 1 hour...then i will have my dinner...

7. Friend007

Friend007 New IL'ite

Hi Priya0311,

It was a very nice post by you. My son had a good time reading it and he enjoyed all the icons you used.

Coming to my day after work ,I usually spend the first half an hour talking about his day and then we move on to his snacks and homework. But not everyday is same, we do watch TV sometimes after I come home and then move on to other stuff. When he starts working on his homework , I start with my chores around the house.

8. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

I give him a warm cuddle and kisses to him ...... he love been cuddled and kissed .. my hubby n me eat our dinner and feed my son simultaneously play with him ball and sing rhymes and do dance with him for 30 mins . then make him sleep and prepare next day lunch and dinner .go sleep at 10:30pm

9. Mrudhani

Mrudhani Silver IL'ite

I was working till 7 months back. My DD would not allow me to even pay the charge to the auto i get down from. She ll come running to me and want to be lifted. I have to spend atleast half an hour fondling her and then only i am allowed to go to the rest room and change my dress. :)
    But now i have kids and i am at home...So spending all the time with kids now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  10. cpanda

cpanda New IL'ite

Hi,
    nice post. Good to know that your husband helps you in your chores. My H helps me only when I ask him to. Also he asks hundreds of questions while helping me out. So I prefer to do it myself. I wish I could take some help from my H. Hopefully in future when I have 2 kids and my hands are full he will help.

WHen I return from work after picking up my son from his daycare, I try taking him to the park if its not too late. Or else I set out his toys and give him some snacks while I have tea/coffee and then after an hr I start cooking dinner.

Regards

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011