1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First steps...Yay..I am excited!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mridusudha, Jun 23, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

awww, u know we all are cry mommas, just like u last night i was holding z's hand and crying thinking of the date of resuming office nearing...these wld be the unforgettable days wont it sudha?soon they wld reach an age,when their wiggly feet wont stick at home

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

What a timing .... I was also thinking of DD growing up. There will soon be a time when she will become independent. The way she comes running to me, searching for me ....and crawls to my lap .... I love it and never want to let her go .....

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Sudha, Pooh, Ramya, am getting goose bumps, reading your posts :)) When my DD says, i dont like our home, i am gonna stay forever at neighbour's, i instantly cry, thinking about her first hr, when she was bundled and handed over to me :)) THey grow tooo fast :)))

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Yeah...they grow way toooo fast...

Dear God, please keep our LO's little and innocent forever ;)

5. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

Sudha:

First of all, congratulations!

Also, this thread brought tears to my eyes....yeah...they grow up so fast!

I was crying today morning too...why? We are getting our son's mundan
    (first hair cut) done tomorrow.
    I was telling my husband, the hair he has now was what he had while he was in my belly...that's a part of me.....and now with this haircut, it feels like, this is the first separation between my son and me....feels like a part of me is being removed from my son.

My hubby was surprised with my reaction and said, "you are so emotional and God only knows how you relate things!"

I dont know....but am still feeling bad.....

I never knew I could love someone so much....muaaaah my baby!

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

awww........ curiousgal i know how it must feel....

i always hv a lump in my throat wen i leave for office :(

7. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Mridusudha I like your 'Yay' exclamation!!it sure shows so much excitement!

Deepa.

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Thanks Deepa...Yeah I am excited a lot...Praneel is getting ready to run now...I can't believe how fast he learned to walk without needing a support...He is going to be 1 on July 31st and is growing up real fast...He understands most of the instructions and is very interactive...I can't believe it's already been one year since he was born...I still remember crying when he was in NICU for the first 10 days of his life...I couldn't see him with all the monitors attached to him at the hospital...I cried a lot thinking that I would never be able to get him home...

He has crossed all the milestones without any problems so far..Rolling over at 3 months, army crawling at 6 months, regular crawling and cruising at 8 months and walking at 10.5 months...He says few words here and there when he is in a mood....Awwww my baby is going to be a toddler soon...

Sorry for all the rant..I couldn't stop myself going into flashback :)

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Praneel :thumbsup

Sudha, good to hear yabout Praneel's milestones. You brought back memories of my little one. Seems like just yesterday when she is a wobbly baby and giving her toothless smiles and now she is 6 yrs old, busy with her school and homework :) Seems like time is flying super fast.

And i too get emotional when i see baby dresses in stores. Feels like just in recent past i was shopping for those. My hubby teases me, time for a second one. ;)

-Lakshmi

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  10. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Sudha!!
    So what have you planned for Praneel's first b'day?
    And why was he in NICU?
    Children....they know how to melt your heart away!
    I used to watch 'A Baby Story' on TLC and start crying when they would hand the newborn to the mom. It's so touching. Even now, when I look back at my son's hospital pics and his pics from the initial months, it just feels amazing!!
    Motherhood is priceless!! There's no denying that. Now I know why my mom used to cry everytime I would leave home or even go home. She used to hug me tightly and cry upon seeing me.

Orion:
    You know...I have mixed feelings, I want my son to grow up.....get through all milestones, one day see him run around with his tiny toes....wanna hear him say 'mumma'...wanna see him get excited wearing his school uniform....but at the same time, I want him to remain close to my heart forever!

My mom always used to say that you should take as many pics as you can throughout your life....those are memories that you will cherish your entire life! So true na?