First pregnancy ended in a miscarriage :(

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by eager2mom, Jun 15, 2012.

1. eager2mom

eager2mom New IL'ite

Hi Ladies..My HPT came positive on Sunday and I was sooooooooo happy to see the message on the digital test which said "PREGNANT"..but that happiness lasts no longer..today I had a very heavy bleeding when I woke up and ran to the doctor who took a blood work and said my progesterone levels are 2.2 which are very low and this would end up in a miscarrriage :( also my HCG level fallen down to 3.3 :(

What can I do to improve my progesterone levels ? Any one faced this problem and then have any sucess ? Please share your stories..I was told to wait two months and then conceive...Mean time I will improve my health and prepare my body to withstand the next pregnancy..

2. prathna

prathna Senior IL'ite

Hi eager2mom.. I'm so sorry about ur loss . I totally understand . I have 2 miscarriages & looks like I might have another 1 now. Have been spotting since 3 days. From what iknow With regards to progesterone there are progesterone suppositories available for prescription . Some are vaginal inserts some are in the form of gel that you need to use thru applicator like Corinne gel and some use progesterone in oil injections ( used more in IVF like me) .

3. eager2mom

eager2mom New IL'ite

Thanks Prathna.I again have an appointment tomorrow with the doctor...I will check with her about the ways to improve my progesterone levels..Don't worry too much and be positive..Check with your doctor..I heard that spotting is common but heavy bleeding is not a good sign..All the best

4. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

hi

sorry about your loss..ven i had a miscarriage ...but immidietly i got pregnant after 1 month....even i had low progesterone...i was on supplements until 23 weeks...my water broke early so i had my baby boy at 34w3days....he had newborn jaundice...ven i was spotting all through my pregnancy...i had so many complications but had a healthy baby boy..dont worry...evrything will b fine.

sweety.

1 person likes this.
  5. eager2mom

eager2mom New IL'ite

hi sweety..so relieved after seeing your post..what supplements have you taken while you were pregnant ?

6. Advancedvastu

Advancedvastu New IL'ite

MOST UNFORTUNATE !
    modern science is so far, unable to point the reason cause behind such m/c.
    one more universal truth is, there must be a reason behind every thing, whatever happens.
    There also some specific defects in residing place ( as per vedic theme of vastu ) which affects so.
    however, solution to every problem also exists in universe.

7. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Please do not worry..I have gone through 2 missed abortions and a complicated pregnancy ...I believe doctors give Duphaston to support pregnancy if it happens...Have a consultation and be stress free...All the best ...

8. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

hi

i took progesterone supplements thy r just tablets.

9. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Please dont think abt the past ..I know it is huge loss, but constant thinking abt your miscarriage will certainly gives your lot of stress and depression..When you get pregnant again, Please let your gyneac to know abt your miscarriage and its reason so that she/he will take necessary step to increase your progesterone level..Normally they will give oral/vaginal suppositories..For me my gyneac gave susten 400 for first 2 weeks to maintain my progesterone level..So be positive and stay relax..

10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

hi eager2mom tight hugs to you dear please join my forum " lucky and blessed thread for miscarried women " for positive vibe and big fat positive pregnancy to you ... baby dust to you dear