first periods after miscarriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyashetty18, Mar 26, 2012.

1. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

hi All,

Its been 34 days since I had a miscarriage. I have a regular 28-30 days cycle. I still haven't got my periods. Who ever had miscarriage can you please let me know when did you get your 1st period. Mine was an early 6 weeks miscarriage.

I am worried if I need to go for progesterone suppositories to kick start my period.

Thanks.

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

I had my periods 4 months post mc ! Phew! what a trying time it was.. waiting for my periods to be back.. i knew it was on the way every 30 days due to the PMS symptoms and the sharp abdominal pain that was lasting 2 days but abs no bleeding! When i got it checked with the doc, i had cysts and had to take an injection to get rid of it. Post injection, i was assured it would arrive within a week.. but it dint.. doc asked me to take progesterone as i was worrying abt it and wanted to start TTC asap.. but i did not and finally it arrived few days later.. mine is a one of a case.. sometimes, after D&C there are chances of getting cysts.. just go in for a scan /meet your doc once.

All the best and loads of baby dust to you!