1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: first meeting

Oh...how could anyone forget their first meeting with their love...
    Cute thread indeed...... :)

My first meeting with my DH was when we were in 12th std....He came to my tution centre for a short term course(never knew that short term would become my life term :-D) where we can bring our friends who dont belong to that tution centre....so my friend had brought his best friend whom i never knew would become my lovely DH in few years...he was a calm shy guy who had secretly admired me and my character all the time he was in that course(i never knew this for a long long time)...i guess that calmness disturbed me a lot and my chatterbox character disturbed him a lot...so we just carried on our friendly relationship for 2 years and after that he proposed me :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Nice one Swaran: a short term became a life term :)

Mine is here:

I joined a software company after Engineering. My now DH, same age, had joined 3 months back. We were in the same team, talks started as we both were the south-indians in that team and Iyers too..

Talks went to friendship to love to hardships to marriage.....

That a short version of my past 10 years of life:)

1 person likes this.
  3. nii

nii Silver IL'ite

well, mine was a love marriage.
    college had started and everyone was new, i made new friends in class in the first week. Everytime the teacher would take attendance, there was this guy who never came in the first week. So he was absent for the whole week. Everyone else was present.
    So the next week monday i was there in class sitting in the first row chatting with a few friends. Teacher came in took attendance and that guy was absent again. She thought that hes probably not in this college. Then like 20 minutes late in to the class, the door quickly opened and he came running inside ! LOL!!!!! The teacher got scared and said YESS what do you want? and he said I am in this class. He wasn't even wearing uniform. he was wearing a football jersey and three quarter shorts. He looked like a pretty boy. White shiny clear shaved skin, pink lips, high cheekbones, very nicely done hair, long eyelashes, nice fit body, i was already in love.
    The teacher asked him for his name and he said it, everyone started laughing that he has been absent the whole week. The teacher scolded him and he kept replying back.Then he went to sit on the back seats. but the teacher asked him to come sit in front right next to me. Now hes sitting next to me, I got soo nervous. Then he took a paper out, wrote 'Are you ready?' and then gave the paper to me. I was like WHAT is he talking about, i got so nervous, and i wrote for what? back and gave it to him, and then he started playing with me the X and O game. LOL! our hands touched a couple of times, by the end of the class we were staring in to each others eyes, then he walked away. till 4 months we sat together, became very good friends, flirted a lot, all the class thought we had something, but he had never asked me for my number either. I thought he didnt really like me and the love was one sided only. Then one day he asked me for my number, i was shocked and i gave it to him. but he didnt call for like 2 weeks. can you imagine the torture ? :p I was holding the phone waiting for him to call and he never called. Then he finaaally called at night and asked if i wanted to bunk the class tomorrow. I never used to bunk or do such stuff but i Just said yes in a hurry. Then the next day we both ran out of class and bunked. We went to some nearby restaurant and had breakfast. then he said he really liked me and wanted to know if i felt the same. i told him yes i do. I knew i had found the right guy, even though he used to come late to classes and bunked classes playing cricket football, he used to manage and get better grades than me -_-. the next day , the teacher asked where the two of us were, since everyone used to think we were a couple already, they started teasing us. ahhhhh. it was so embarrassing. but the thought that i had found the right guy kept me calm. the rest of the months and years in college were spent with us having time together in the library, sometimes bunking classes, going here and there. we just could never wait to see each other. now we are married:)

8 people like this.
  4. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Good Narration, I felt like I am viewing it as a movie

5. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Nice Thread..

Ofcourse i remember, how can i forget that precious moment.. I met him through common friends..

We first spoke over phone several times, before meeting once as friends.. We both were impressed by
    each other, and got close and good friends, over period of time, we fell in love and got married..

At that moment i never thought he would be my life partner.. Even today i am happy about my decision
    of marrying him...

3 people like this.
  6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Nice Thread.... How can we forget that lovely moments.

My marriage is an arrange marriage. I dont think so he will come as my life partner when i gave coffee to him :).

i thought asusual the guy is coming to see me anyways he wont accept ( at that time i am not interested in marriage)

After 6 months only its confirmed. In this gap he got my mail id by asking his friend who working in my office :).But after confirmed also he did not speak with me:-(.
    I got his no from his aunty. She is asked me to speak with him but i did not do that.

On my birthday only he called me to wish. I got more and more excitment. My speach is looks like well known person.He sent the gift to my office address surprisely.

From that day we started to talk. We met in a perumal temple, he picked me by car from my hostel. Those are lovely moments.

Thanks BeeAmma to start such a lovely thread. Because of you i gone 1.5 years before.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dynamic

Dynamic Bronze IL'ite

I don't know mine is love marriage or arranged marriage... Everyone used to say "Marriages are made in heaven", may be this is true in my case...

We are from same city..our families known each other from a very long time, but we don't know each other and parents(his and mine) also don't know us(me & My Hubby).

He and his parents searching for the bride from a very long time, but he rejected everyone (for me, I think:yes:).. one fine day he heard about me by a common relative, from that moment he wanted to marry me (no one knows why???:exactly:) even though he never saw me or my photo earlier . He even fought with his parents about me (they are interested in other matches because of some interests :exactly:)

So the common relative asked my parents, but they are kinda thinking, but my mom told me every thing about this proposal and his fighting's with his parents, and she used to kid me about this :oops:.

After hearing that I'm also kinda started loving him (many times I used to wonder, why I felt like that, but don't know the answer till now). After many talks, thinking's on both sides every one decide to arrange the meeting for us and for every one.

This is kind of settled match right?? so every one is ready for the engagement also..

Finally the day came, on the engagement day only we saw each other for the first time. To my surprise we are wearing same color dresses :thumbsup... We talked for some time alone... after he left the room, my family came inside (Mom, dad, Sister) asked Yes or No... At that time also my father asked me, if you are really like him then only say Yes otherwise say No... don't think about other people (cause it's our engagement) what they will say like that, if you say No I'll manage everyone, So tell me honestly, because it's life time decision (So sweet of my father right??:iagree). But no need to think right?? we are already decided so I said Yes... with in one week we got married..

It's been three years since I took that decision... I never for get our first meeting...cause I'm very happy today...

5 people like this.
  8. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

It was in the winter of 2004, around Christmas time, I was 14 going on 15. There's a family that lives right next to us, and I've been friends with their kids since forever. Their son was in 2nd year at an IIT and he was visiting home for vacation and he brought his roommate along. I was casually visiting this guy(who I used to call Annaya, kind of like a big brother to me, specially because his younger brother went to school with me) and that was when I saw his "friend who was visiting"(now my husband).

He was a tall, lanky but athletic looking guy with a thick beard for his age. He wore glasses most of the time, which were quite thick and had glowing skin, as far as I could see under the beard. He wore a serious look on his face most of the time but when he smiled, it was so gorgeous that it made my heart skip a beat. The first time his friend introduced us, he simply nodded at me and went back to reading Thus Spake Zarathustra. That was it for me, I fell hard and I knew I wanted this guy. But I was very dumb(still sort of am) back then and I never knew how to approach an intelligent guy because every guy I knew back then only cared about getting girls to go out with him.

The next day, I spent the entire time at their house, just trying to make small talk with the auntie and uncle, catching every glimpse I could of him. His friend decided to take him out to see the city and my hopes of swooning at him ended then and there. After a week they left back to college and I spent the entire winter and spring thinking of him, but on the other hand, I started reading. I don't know if it was to just impress him, but I found him on Orkut(Yes, Orkut was THE s*** back then) and I saw what were his interests and started reading all these books that he read, just so we could have something in common.

After giving it a lot of thought, I sent him an add on orkut and he added me to my surprise. That's when it all started. We started talking for hours on end on gtalk and finally on the 3rd of May in 2005, he said he wanted to know what I sounded like, so I gave him my landline number and asked him to call after 12 in the night. So he called and I called him back and it went on. But when I first confessed to him I was the same neighbor girl he met a few months ago, he was mad at me for a while and admitted he never really took a good look at me when we had met.

We talked for 8 hours every night and at one point of time, my land line bill ran upto 7000 for one month(my dad busted me and almost disowned me for that). By the end of 2 months he ended up owing 15,000 bucks to his friend to because of calling me every night(STD rates were a b**** back then at 2.50rs/min).

On October 30th 2006, he told me he wanted this relationship to go on for a long time and I asked him how long and he said, "Like forever? What do you think?" and that was it, I was in love. We met again on Nov 26th and we kept meeting secretly until we could both move in to the same city, he got a job and I started college.

After 7 years of love, we finally got married last year, I never thought I would marry this guy(it was a whim) and I must say, I couldn't have found anybody better. We were meant to be.

PS : I love this thread!

4 people like this.
  9. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

I met him 20 years ago, I was 15 and he was a med student. He came to our house to see my parents. I opened the door and saw this handsome looking guy standing outside. I know this would sound cheesy...... I used to dream about him before. All the plans I had or my parents had for me at that point became moot. I was strongly attracted to him and later when I started talking to him, it only got worse.

(Interestingly my husband says he has seen me when I was 12. He thought I was a cute girl, not in a romantic way though. I don't remember that incident at all but maybe I never forgot and that is why I was dreaming about him.)

3 years later, when my mother asked me if I wanted to continue my studies or get married (& continue studies). I said I don't want to get married but it is was to my dream guy then 'Yes'. My parents approached his parents. He told his parents that he will only marry me. Our marriage got arranged and we got married a year or so later.

We've been married for 16 yrs now.... our marriage has had its ups and downs but we have managed to hold on to our love through it all :)

3 people like this.
  10. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... that's so cute ^_^

1 person likes this.