1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. jazzlady

jazzlady New IL'ite

Re: What was your first thought when you saw your dh????

:yes:Looks like we are running out of general topics.

2. mohantina

mohantina Senior IL'ite

How you got married to your husband?????

May i know how u all got married to your husband??? ......I mean love marriage or
    arranged......if love ...what obstacles & if married...thru whom.

Let me start with mine.:) Mine was arranged marriage.

I was 24+, my widow mother & grandmother asking evryone..whom they met if they know any
    suitable guy for me..sometimes they went to pandit also for asking when will i marry..... I
    remember once a pandit told that I will find a suitable guy after i will got a govt. job &
    before 15 August 2004. At that time I said ok.

Sometimes my mother asks me don't you know any suitable guy....or you like any guy:)..don't
    you want to marry anyone..... she said..where shud i alone search a suitable guy for u.
    And you know really in May 2004 ......i got a govt. job....though that was contractual....
    And in june my grandmother went to Faridabad to his eldest son's home.....nearby to my
    uncle's house was my aunt.......not a close one...but my father's cousin. My dadi visited
    her home & again same topic...please tell if you have any suitable guy for my grand
    daughter. She told that there is her sister-in-laws son but he is very tall....6' 3" :spinand
    your grand daughter is 5'1'. she said they will not agree due to height difference. But my
    Dadi(GM)..........ask her give the contact no.....now she called at that no..nobody was
    picking the phone....she tried for 10-15 days....but nobody picked.......she stopped trying.
    on july 18 2004, my mother gave my matrimonial in the newspaper.....and you know the first
    call we received.....and they people came in the evening to our home to see me. And you know
    what this is the guy to whose family was calling in June 2004.. for 10-15 days.........now
    the matter is height.....they just visited our home due to family relations & not for
    me..because they already told that they want tall girl for their boy.
    but thay had given us time to talk to each other separately:)...while talking to each other.....there was a inner feeling that we are made for each other though we are meeting for first time.......i think this is called love at first sight.......he was tall ..handsome
    but i was prepared that they will not agree........and not dressed up specially for them....... earlier when a guy was there to see me...i had gone for facial... this time i have done nothing...coz i know the guy is tall & they will not agree.
    Now after tea & spending a little time with us...they people left.
    after reaching their home..we recieved a phone call from them to mail my photograph... I
    mailed the photograph to the boy's id...Computer Typing
    & he got my email id so he mailed me also........his contact no. & ask me to meet him..he is coming to the nearby
    place due to official work. but i don't know that he mailed me....& didn't checked my mail for so many days.shakehead.....
    then next saturday we recieved a call from them that they are again coming to our home on sunday with their daughter & son-in-law.
    they visited our place......finally we got selected for each other by their family members on 25 July 2004....

Remeber the forecast by Pandit....it was true......i got engaged before 15th august 2004....amazing:party

we got married in Nov. 2004......

but after meeting me,i came to know that after talking to me .....& my family..the guy...now my husband..told their family that he will marry me only:cheers...though i am not very smart, tall, slim...but he selected me....now we have a 4 1/2 yr old daughter and by :bowdownGod's grace we are living a very happy married life.......he is a very nice human being.

Every body says....Amitabh & Jaya ki jodi hai

this is Rab ne BAna di Jodi......:kiss

i think i have not bored u people.

this is mine............what about you???????

3. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Re: How you got married to your husband?????

Hi Mohantiana,
    Very beautifully you have told your story about arrange marriage..
    God bless you !!!

The thing is that Pandit told you correctly and even exactlywith the dates right.. ...

4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I was a student doing my PG in the US and my parents told me that some dude was going to call me. I thought that I would go through the motions and say no--thought I would treat him like any other guy I would speak with at college.

Was not interested or convinced about arranged marriage in general. Just agreed to speak with the dude to calm my parents down.

Dude calls and we talk for an hour about random things. I figured there is no harm in meeting with him. Met with him the next day and we hung out for some time--ate lunch.

Curiously enough every time he would ask that we meet subsequently, I would agree and enjoyed spending time with him.

At one point I realized that there was no reason why I should not marry the guy:). It took us a month to decide.

5. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

I met my hubby through a common friend. My roommate had organized a trip and asked me if I wanted to join (mostly it was her colleagues). I said why not and we started planning for the trip. On the day of the trip suddenly the boys decided to drop out and it was going to be an all girls trip. Eventually, the rest of the girls decided that the trip would not be safe and the whole idea was being dropped. I was fuming as I had dropped other plans for this trip. My roomie tried calling DH and convincing him but he was'nt sure as none of the other guys were coming.. Finally she gave the fone to me and I started telling him.. "How can you drop out at the last minute etc and gave him a good scolding". Eventually he agreed and managed to gather all the rest of the guys.

We all met in front of their office and that was the first time I saw him..He was a lil nervous because of the scolding session :) My roomie then told me that he was a manager and very sweet guy. In the van, the gals took the front seat and the boys took the rear. Somehow I got pushed to the rear and we started talking.. we talked and talked the whole night and thats how our friendship started..

Very soon he dropped me an email with the budget for the trip and later said he did it just so we can get in touch.. after that he called me everyday at 9:00 PM (free hutch to hutch) calls and thats how we landed where we are today. Eventually one day I was bored and I asked him do you want to join me to Shoppers stop and he said sure I am in office (my home was very close to his office). Apparently he was already enroute to his home but did not want to miss the shopping date :)

6. mohantina

mohantina Senior IL'ite

Re: How you got married to your husband?????

thanks a lot for your blessings &.......patiently reading my post:)

7. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Wow! Very cute topic! And it has put me back 9 years pehle! Mine was a love marriage and a looong story. When I joined my college, our seniors ragged us teh first day. There were 3 guys and 1 girl (seniors) and they were all sitting on chairs. We were all sitting on teh floor. I looked at them and felt that the guy in the white shirt is really cute, has a nice smile...hmmm! Then he (my DH in the white shirt) asked me if I were a SOuth Indian. Then he said that please speak in pure hindi, thinking that I would not be able to do so. But I was very confident (dad being in army) I spoke flawless hindi and everyone clapped! He was impressed. Then I found that our eyes often met and peopel were like- he is a topper and really sweet helpful guy!
    In the meanwhile another guy in my class began to flirt with me...he was also quite good looking! But a flirt, neverthless! When I began to wait upon him, he showed his true colors! That fellow said that he was sorry to have broken my heart as he already has a girlfriend! I was really sad but happy that this guy is happy with his GF! I just told him, okay get me a nice guy! The moment I said this (it was in the hostel mess) my would-be Dh stepped inside! This guy said- what about him? And everyone laughed!
    My would-be smiled at me with raised eyebrows. Soon we were always talking and smiling and one day he asked me to come and have an ice-cream with him! Rest is history! Who proposed whom? Dont remember exactly :bonk but as they say...we moved around for two years and then got married! Phew! Long story, this one!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey,
    thanks huma for such a lovely thread...so many different stories to hear.

well, im still not married to him...but i do have a story
    ours is a very typically arranged marriage.
    Our profile were put out on various matrimonial sites, and it is through one such site, how we have come to meet.
    Isnt it always said..small world, well in our case it can be repititively said that way.
    His family and my sister's in laws are some how related, but we still didnt meet tat way
    His family was invited to come over to meet us/me, and after how many arranged and rearranged appointments, he along with his family managed to drop in one day.
    now for the funny part...to add more confusion,he comes with his elder brother.

when i was called in to meet the family, i was totally lost as to which boy im i suppose to look, i wasnt even informed about the suitable boy. so all i did was, walk in, sit chatting to his bhabhi for five mins and then exit. Yes you all got it right, i didnt even look at him.Even after being unofficially engaged to him for the last three months, i still havent seen him apart from a few photos send via emails. (he lives in uk, n was on vacation wen he came to see me).

his version of the story....for him it was love at first sight.
    he had liked my photos which were put up on the matrimonial site. when he came to meet me, he was in love at the first look.
    things are different between us now,we communicate thru mails, cell calls etc, but i still hvent seen him nor do i plan to before our engagement. when ever this topic comes out, both of us are in spilts of laughter.
    im even sure he is going to let this thing out to our kids..

beauty may fade away with the age, but it is the heart that i hve learnt to love.

regards
    kainaath

9. Nami2010

Nami2010 New IL'ite

Kainaath, that was funny. So, actually your hubby was right in front of you and you did not look properly!!! And now you simply cannot take your eyes off his photo....:rotfl:rotfl

Mine is a love marriage. Dh moved from a different state here in US and joined our company. The first time I saw him, it was like 100 ft distance and I instantly fell in love with him. GOD!! How handsome !!!!...:drool

I did not even know his name then. Later on in the day, some of the colleagues said we will go out for lunch and ask the new guy also to come along with us for lunch. I was so happy. We introduced ourselves before we all left for the restaurant. As soon as I heard his name, OUCH!! my heart sank.......it was from a different religion. I felt so panicky because the moment I saw him I imagined him to be my life partner. In those few hours how much ahead in life I imagined and what if he does not agree now since we will be inter-religion. I had no problem but what about him? How will I know? I could not sleep properly that night and my coworker/roommate said Forget it! You can never fit in there! :spin

To my surprise after few days he asked me out and I was too happy. Then after few times, once we were in his car,on our way to a nearby park and .....he actually proposed!!!!

Can you imagine my excitement?? I could not speak for some time. My heart was beating so fast! Instead of saying yes or no, I cried. He thought it is a NO. I had to stop and tell him why I was crying........:rotfl

We grew so close to each other, so quickly and then finally 6 months back we went to India to get married amongst utter chaos and so much drama from his family. I love him because he managed to handle all that and be by my side. :kiss
    He is a Muslim and I am a Hindu. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Nami

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. SumitraRavi

SumitraRavi Senior IL'ite

i saw him in a marriage. i instantly fallen in love...handsome and cute!!