1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Re: What was your first thought when you saw your dh????

[justify]Nice thread :)

i was studying btech final year and applying for last semester company projects.... (me and my best friend were applying actually.).. My hubby was team lead of a company and he called both of us for phone interview.. and we were enjoying placement party....and in the amidst of party I and my friend answered the interview....he asked average difficulty questions...and we were happy we answered well and we would sure shot get into this company....unfortunately I got selected and my friend did not and we were angry/sad over this. I came to this company on the joining date and there was some introduction (orientation) to the team by the team lead(Now my hubby) and this was first time I saw him....My immediate reaction was ...called my friend secretly and told her "abey yaar ..maine us gadhe ko dekha hai jisne tujhe reject kiya" [​IMG]......( we had this instant hatred for project lead/team lead...as our seniors told us they are crooked/strict etc etc)......but my Dh was very sweet team lead....later when we started our relation...i told him whole story and said "sorry [​IMG]"..... and he was like "[​IMG]happens !!! I understand !!"

[/justify]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

hi lavii
    even with that impression
    you still married him...

3. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

I fell in love with him the moment i saw him...:)
    He was the first alliance we had called home to see me and i was like madly in lov once i saw him... he never believes vnever i tell him this...
    He still maintains tat he didnt see him at all... so asked his dad to check with my dad if we can meet at my workplace...
    Tat was more like a date and still he maintains tat he didnt see me at all on our first meet... :spin

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

ashwini ,
    they say appearances are deceptive
    ya i was wrong
    i was carried away by his behaviour but i know his inner character later we were very good friends for 3 yrs and then decided to marry

5. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

I went for entrance test in reputed uni. for P.G. I was very tensed & after the test i saw this guy saying hello to me with a smile.I just shyly said Hi & tried to ignore him.My hubby says it was love at first sight for him.Later on I came to know he studied his bachelors in same uni. & I thought he must be really good & intelligent to get in here.
    After 4 years of courtship we got married with everyones approval. :)

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Yet again good nostaligic topic. As he is my close relative and dont have much feelings on him because we grownup together in the same house and went to same school and later same university,ofcourse he is couple of years senior to me.......But, once our marriage was fixed, my parents told me over phone......On that evening, my hubby came to my flat just to meet me and finalise our journey over the weekend.....as we both worked in same city, so strict orders from home to accompany me to travel whenever required......So, we casually talked on that day....... finally he congratulated me....hehee....I said "DITTO"..... thts the first time I saw him with a different mindset.

My thoughts were - Alas! Is he the person I am going to share my life!!!!!!!!!! Okay!!Let me move on with his decision!!!(Philosophical...hehe)
    But no regrets, my parents have choosen the best person in the world for me.

7. magicstick

magicstick Junior IL'ite

hey, thatz going really cool ladies......

well, mine case was very simple yet inticated in itself. My parents were luking good match for me with full zeal and i was totally not in a mood to end my independence. So, i was like.... with a block mind for any guy which so ever they asked me to meet or talk. I told my parents clearly that I m not in mood right now but they gave me big lectures stating that marriage should happen in right age and similar stuff... so i didnt argured much and dropped my weapons:bowdown but during all this process, i rejected (or honestly i shud say that i made guys ran away with silly tricks) atlest 50 guys. :spin
    One fine day, at my office, my collegue was making her profile at matrimonial site. I also did the same inquisitively. bssssss, that was the day when i got trapped in my own thing as I told this to my mommy dear. She asked me for my id n p/w. the first person to whom i responded on it is my hubby now.... he called me at my cell (credit goes to my mom as she gave him my cell no.), we fixed a place to meet, and he stole my heart in first look....he luked soooooooo cute n innocent that i just fall for him......then i got no good reason to make him run-away & found no story to narrate at home for his rejection...... and we tied knot within 15 days..... (but i learnt good leason also that one should not go on face value... the people who look innocent r not really innocent.....:rotfl)
    now its 5 yrs of our successful marriage (ofcourse with loads of ups n downs). Today if someone asks me "urs was luv or arrange marriage" - i find it difficult to answer..... :confused2:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

A really nice thread SriDivya, its interesting to read fellow ILs experience too.

Mine is almost like Magicstick's(the first half), after much bullying and coaxing I agreed to meet this guy. I was not interested at all that I didnt ask any details to my mom even his name. Only thing I knew was he is 5'10". So I was praying for some heavyweight guy to come through that door, but OMG!! when the bell rang and mom opened the door, i got a peek of him..and I was swept out of my feet off floor. I fell completely for him and after an hour of talk I was like "Since I dont wanna get married I wanna say NO, but I cant let this guy go" :crazyThus we got married and I am way too happy I agreed to my mom to meet him. He really is my dream come true hubby pie:)

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

5 1/2 years ago, I got admission in a Univ in US to do my MS and people who got admissions in that Univ formed a Yahoo group to talk online. My DH was coming to the same Univ. In India, we talked online once or twice and didn't have any special impression on each other. After we met in US, we became the best of friends. In just a couple of months, we were in love. Till date, neither of us know which was the exact moment when we fell in love. It was just friendship turning into love. 4 1/2 years later, we got married with our parents blessings. :thumbsup

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010