1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First love, never forgotten

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AnithAnand, Mar 30, 2010.

1. AnithAnand

AnithAnand New IL'ite

Heard the below story from one of my friend... Soothing love story........

I am Rahul, a software engineer in a reputed company in Chennai. I am one of the luckiest guys in this world. The reasons being my loving wife, Deepa and my charming 7 years old daughter, Revathi. I live in an apartment in Vadapalani. I have to tell about my Wife. The most innocent, always smiling and caring. Even though she completed her Computer Science Engineering, she engineers only my family now. She respects me more than the God. Atleast once in a week she would go to Vadapalani Murugan Koil but I hardly accompany her even after her request. About my kid, the most naughty and will come up with millions of questions a day. My wife is more interested than me in answering those questions.
    The incident happened a couple of weeks ago. One afternoon after a heavy lunch, when I was reviewing a CICS-DB2 project requirements, my phone rang.
    Me: Hello, Rahul here.
    Satya: Hello Sir! I am Satya here. I am Deepa's friend. Can I speak to you for 2 minutes?
    Me: Yeah. Go ahead.
    Satya: I want to meet you today in person to tell you something which is important.
    Me: About what?
    Satya: Sir, I can tell you in person. Can you come to "Richie Rich" ice cream shop today around 6'o clock?
    Me: Ok (with some hesitation)
    Who is this guy? I googled my brain for a moment. Yes. I heard this name from my wife. This guy and my wife were in love during their college days. But this guy avoided and absconded in the last year of their engineering. My wife has never hidden anything from me. I know about her right from her childhood till our marriage, all about her friends, her nick names in schools & colleges, incidents happened and everything. The same way she confessed about her love also which she didn't do to her parents. But why does he want me to meet him now?....
    Time passed by. "Should I meet him or leave it?". I could not complete my review of the requirements. While I was having a coffee, my phone again rang. It's my wife.
    Deepa: Rahul! My mother has come. Can you pick Revathi from school & come?
    Me: Ok pa. I will pick up & come. Anything special from your mother?
    Deepa: Nothing. Just like that she is visiting us.
    I left the office by 5:00 to pick my child from the school. Every time I go to pick her we would go to "Richie Rich" ice cream shop. Revathi loves it so much. After picking up Revathi, we went to the shop. Revathi told, "Appa! Today I need bigggg icecream". I said OK. I ordered and Revathi was having the icecream when that guy appeared. Thin physic and gloomy face with dry eyes.
    Satya: Hello Sir! I am Satya. Thanks for coming.
    Me: Hi.
    Satya: Hope you know about me. Deepa would have told. She never hides anything from their loved ones.
    Me: (No answer. With worried face – Satya continued)
    Satya: I know you would be surprised on my call. But this is my last wish!
    Me: Last wish?
    Satya: Even Deepa does not know why I left her even without telling her. I was diagnosed "Blood Cancer" when I was in the last year of engineering. The doctor fixed my last day that time itself. Unfortunately I had to live till this time (with a smile in his face)
    Me: (No reaction)
    Satya: I know that if I had said the same thing to Deepa, she would not have agreed to leave me. I know she was hurt but I wanted her to live happily. To avoid her contacting me by any chance, I did not tell anybody where I was leaving. But now I feel my last date has come. I need a favor from you Sir!
    Me: Yeah. Tell me.
    Satya: I want to see Deepa for the last time. I don't want her to see me. I will see her from a long distance. Could you please bring her to Vadapalani Murugan koil tomorrow evening?
    (My mouth can utter only "YES" to his request)
    Me: I don't know what to say! I feel very sorry for you. I will bring my wife tomorrow.
    Satya: Thanks a lot Sir! I will remember this till I live! (laughing) Sorry! For a week or so!
    He left the place. With a big sigh, I turned to my child and she was finishing her ice cream. Revathi asked, "who is that appa?". "He is your….hmm… my friend!". We returned home. As usual the day ended. Next day when I started to office, "Deeps! Today shall we go to Murugan koil?". Surprised but to tease me she told, "My mother told yesterday that now-a-days software engineers are under a great stress! Please do not think about something always. You can stay rest today!". I could not react to that. I just smiled and told, "Ok Deeps. We will leave by 6'o clock in the evening. I will pick Revathi & come".
    I was waiting to start from the office. I reached home after picking up Revathi. It was 5:45.
    Me: Deeps! Are you ready?
    Deepa: haan!
    After freshening, we started to temple. After reaching the temple, I could find him completely different in saint's dress. Nobody can recognize him. As usual I followed my wife in the temple and was listening all her old stories. She said she was very happy that I was coming with her to the temple. After sometime I could find Satya. I thought he left the place. With a great relief, I had dinner outside with my wife & kid and went home.
    With a great amount of Satisfaction, I went to sleep. In the late night, I heard somebody sobbing in the balcony.
    For the first time, I saw my wife crying alone, with tears in my eyes.
    Yes, love is never forgotten !! He was recognized by her.

2. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

i know its a bit tragic...but that's a sweet story

3. Lalitha venkate

Lalitha venkate Senior IL'ite

i can only see gentlmens here

4. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

I think she is really lucky to have got a husband like Rahul. He loves his wife so much and understands her to the core..

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

All are really blessed amidst their problems

6. lakshmimys

lakshmimys Senior IL'ite

wondering such good people still exists in the world... God bless them all.

7. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Very nice story. I felt the husband a pucca gentleman.
    The girl is lucky to have him.

ganges

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

very interesting story ! actually i liked all the characters.. the husband being the best,of course!

9. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Its really nice to hear about a understanding gentleman...Rahul

Keep it up!

10. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Forgive me for saying so but sounds like a good script for Karan Johar's next movie... but jokes apart very touching... Rahul:thumbsup you are great and Satya:thumbsup what a sacrifice... have only seen such instances in films...
    K