1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First Foods

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sumanr, Feb 23, 2010.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks V - I am just going to tell ILs that it is doc's advice, but not sure how far I can succeed. I am already thinking of alternatives like idly, kichdi, pongal etc for the evening dinner. .... all these are anyway rice and I do not see why not proper rice :rant

Pooh - Thanks for sharing the menu in detail. I did get plum the other day, but they were really sour. So, dropped the idea. Pears, we get only the cruncy green ones ... I am not sure If that will be good for her, even when cooked. Right now, she is on banana, apple, chiku ....and she loves bananas....with Ragi.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ramya do u hv hypercity there? if not i guess these should be avail at spencers etc as well.. the plums we got were from chile(thats wat the package description said)... all fancy fancy but the good thing was they were super juicy n not so sour. the pears yeah, in the local market here too we get those crunchy ones, so i hunted at hypercity and they had these very juicy and soft egyptian pears.
    pears were 160 a kilo n plums were 100 bucks for 3!! but these plums were size of a small orange!do check.these crunchy pears u can give but they take longer to cook and are not very tasty

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hypercity, from what I see on their website, is not there in Chennai.
    I will hunt the shops this wekend. Even if I get the big ones, I can purees and freeze them so that I can use it for 2-3 days.

Also, planning to check out on rolled oats, if possible whole ones.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

We don't have Hypercity in chennai. But we can find good options in stores like Kovai Pazhamudhir Nilayam and Surya's. If @ all you get a chance to cross Koyambedu market do step in.You can get many varieties @ a better rate too :hiya

5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls,

We have been giving Shibu 2 to 3 meals a day... Oats/Homemade rice kanji in the morning, rice, moongh dal and veggies boiled together and mashed in blender/mixie in the afternoon, and sometimes in the evening will give her apple/banana/nestum.

The problem now is, she has completed 8 months and 9th month is running now. Still she is unable to take anything that is not completely mashed or pureed.. when food like idli are lights mashed with water or BM and then given to her, when it reaches her throat she reacts like vomitting and that scares all of us... Are there chances that these food can get struck in the throat and be dangerous?

Please advice girls, how can I teach her eat food with a lil thick consistency...?

Vidyaa

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

not able to answer ur Q here,but for zoey,i still hv to puree.....vidya,i feel let them take a call as to when they want to take texture in food...thts what i think,lets see wat others hv to say

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

I also puree for Adwi and even if there is a small lump of cerelac or something, she tries to spit it. I feel that it will take 10 months or so before I can even try non-puree stuff. I am going to leave it to her.

8. Amreedil

Amreedil New IL'ite

Hi All,

Can you please tell me where you get easum in chennai.