1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First fight with spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ajain35, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ajain35

ajain35 Senior IL'ite

Hi

This is just a question that my curious mind has asked me. So please reply even though it does not affect me immediately as I am single.

No newly wed couple thinks about fighting and so during initial days of marriage you/your spouse might have let go of many things just to avoid that first fight. These small annoyances would eventually build up in time and at some point when you/your spouse couldn't hold it anymore, you must have had a fight or a heated argument. I wanted to know how long after your marriage/engagement did you and your spouse had your first fight? What was the reason for it and how did you get over it? And after the fight, did anything change in your relationship or the way you looked at your spouse?

I am sure every couple has a fight but something is scary about the first fight. I hope guys reply too...

-AJ

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

We started fighting on the Third day we met(arranged marriage).

It was because he was talking enthusiastically about Childran and I was not ready for it. I told him i'm not ready and he got upset. After fighting on it for about fifteen minutes, he said he won't talk about future plans till i initiate it. He stayed to his words.
    We talked about the topic after engagement, when i was ready. Nowadays hardly anyday goes without two or three heated arguments between us.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Our first fight happened about 2 months after we got married. It was to do with some official papers. i didnt fill them out the way it was supposed to be and he started shouting.

4. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I used to work before my marraige where my MIL lives.Since my H was in US and my parents also in US that time ,I had to do some arrangements for the marraige.I went with my MIL and booked rooms at Tirupathi and I am not very familier with rules at Tirupthi and I did some mistakes in the room booking process.
    My In-laws came 1 day later the rooms were booked and because of some rules the roomes were not available the time they reached and after that my brother arranged somehow.

But MIL strongly beleived that I did everything by purpose and she didn't leave there and she cryed horribly in the airport before we take the flight to US after the marraige and she told me husband that how she will take care of you and I am worried about it.

My H fought with me in the fight and I was kind of shocked to hear that.After doing all that and even I went with my MIL for there shopping because she doesn't have anyone and still I got blamed for it.Even I took her to hospitals after my engagement.

That's it,from that day I lost respect for her and it never returned back.
    :)

Ajain,

Moral of my story,Don't fight too soon with your spouse. :) .It's easy to get bad name but it's too hard to get good name.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. ajain35

ajain35 Senior IL'ite

@BB84: Wow.. fight just three days after meeting. That must be interesting.

@Rakhii: So what happened after that? Did anything change between you?

Point taken. I will try to avoid a fight as long as I can.