1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First Emotional Embrace From My Cute Little Boy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by meepre, Apr 24, 2016.

1. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

This is one of the emotional moment which made me realise how kids observe parents and their activities. Felt so happy at my son's (2 year old) gesture and wished to share the happiness :)

I am a stay at home mom. In the place I stay there is not much social interaction and spend the entire day in home. After hubby leaves to work its just me and my son. we keep playing with each other whole day and so he is close to me.

One day at noon, he had engaged himself in a new game set we had got for him and I was watching movie. I am the type who cries for sad scenes in movies :). that day i was watching and there was a scene when the dad of the heroin dies in hospital (i am more emotional to such a scene as i have gone through it), unaware to me tears started flowing down from my eyes. I then realized that my son is now seeing me with confused look. he then came near me and asked, "Amma, enachu"(mom, what happened - in his childish language), I replied, "Onumila da kutty, nee velayadu" (nothing my dear u go and play).

He went back to play but kept turning to me now and then. Even though I was aware of this I just could not control my tears but managed to give a smile to my son. He then came near me and asked me to lift him. He then gave me a tight hug for a couple of minutes (reassuring hug as like elders) and said ipo alakoodathu ma (now u shouldn't cry mom) :sweatsmile:

I was now completely shocked and was so pleased and happy at his gesture. I could not express such a feeling in words and am sure all mothers here would have experienced it . It was comforting. felt like he was saying to me I am there for you now no need to worry. I then realised, though we look at kids and think they dont understand anything but they do note each and every thing of their parents. I always had thought am not doing much being a stay at home mom and just routine house chores, after this incident my perspective changed and I feel so proud to be at home and in raising such a wonderful kid. He is God's gift to me :angel:. There may be more moments like this later but this would be the most cherished moment of my life which proves I have been a good mom to my sweet boy :).

Regards,
    Meena

SCA, mercyanburaj, sindmani and 10 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Meena dear its really so cute of your son to hug you and tell you not to cry. A two year behaving like this will make any mother happy. Glad you have all the time to raise your kid, its at this time they need their mother more and after growing up they become independent. God bless you both. Dont know why no feedbacks till now but I am going to nominate this loving post

sindmani, meepre and jskls like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Its a very emotional post...emotional not only for your son gesture but at many levels.
    thanks for sharing.

sindmani, meepre and jskls like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is so heart-warming, Meena. You know when I was a kid, my reaction to seeing my mother cry was to start crying myself with her. I don't know why I did that - whether it was empathy or fear.

5. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Thank you Viji ma for your love and blessings.

6. coolmum

coolmum Silver IL'ite

you are blessed to have your boy
    i was feeling like reading feel-good stories . It's a pleasure to start my day with good feeling
    Thank You :smiley:

meepre likes this.
  7. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

Nice feel good read! Loved it.hugs to your son:cheer:

meepre likes this.
  8. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

I was smiling as I was reading

creativemind23 and meepre like this.
  9. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi @meepre..
    Like you I am also a stay at home mom of a 2 yr old girl baby, with less social interactions. So we both spend lot of time together. Similar incident happened to me as well. Once when I was crying for something serious, my daughter came and hugged me and I can't express my feeling in words.
    I can totally relate your feelings.. Very lovely post.. :hearteyes:

meepre and creativemind23 like this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

when I was a kid I used to cry when my mom cries. Op, really happy for you. Wish me to get a child like your child. I too want to be a good mother like you

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
    meepre and creativemind23 like this.