First day of your Career!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by krishnaamma, May 6, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aishu,

Happy to know about you. :-D Where are you working (place) and from which

year you are working with Wipro?

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I work at chennai WIPRO.Joined in year 2005.

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Krishnaamma,

That's great..:-D

Tulasi

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi - interesting thread. I will tell you about my first day at my present job - not my first though. Reading the other posts, they all seem to be large corporations - so I thought I would give me viewpoint from a smaller firm. My boss who I address by name took me around and introduced me to all in the office - had met most of them during the interview process. Had my computer set up with email - sent emails to my husband along with new telephone number. Since I was in a position where I was doing something different from my previous job, I started reading the company reports, etc to understand the business and tried to get familiar with the day to day activities. There was no induction program - in fact had no such thing in any of my past positions! I was taken out to lunch by my group a day later. Pretty low key - nothing much. It is almost a year later now - and I have learnt a lot and love my job!!

Shobana

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    First day at the first work experience, wow wonderful one. I always wanted to relive that day whenever I land up in a new job. (Though my line of work has completely changed now).

We were selected to work as Marketing Executives from the college. We were a bunch of girls just out of college, kept glancing all around the MNC with awe. The airconditioned environment was very awesome. We were introduced to the MD who had come down to India from Dubai just for the first day of the new joinees. Then we each were assigned to a senior who will guide us.

The senior became a very good friend of mine and was the best guide who taught how to go about the job.

After that first job, none of my other offices are like that.