1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

First appointment for my baby of 11 mths old - Pls help

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kv_shyamala, Jan 29, 2010.

1. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to US and staying in Bentonville, AR. I have received my insurance card (Aetna posII). I want to get an appointment for my baby to have a general checkup. I wish to know the procedure for this. Should I need to get an appointment with an Internal medicine pediatrician or pediatrician. And also, should I go and visit the doctor in the clinic or in a hospital. I am really confused with the formalities with the insurance, hospital, clinic. If anybody could help me to find a good doctor in bentonville or rogers, it would be great.

2. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Ok here it goes.
    1) go to your Insurance website and register online using the card you got.----set up an online account
    2) After you set up an account, go to the Doc search/ doc finding tool on the website and select Pediatrician around your zip code/address.
    3) Call the Pediatrician's office using the number displayed and ask them do they take your insurence. Your kid will be the new patient there and you are booking an appointment for general check up.

Its just Pediatrician you need to search for.

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I agree,

Register in the Insurance website and then look for pediatrician in their website.
    Call them and find out whether they accept new patients.Sometimes it takes as long as 1 month to get an first appoinment.

4. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your replies. I would do so.

5. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Hi,

I have got an appointment for my baby in the Bentonville PA. Thanks once again.