1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First anniversary gift

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by deepshikha, Oct 17, 2007.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hello friends
    Can anyone suggest a first anniversary gift for a husband . I am in US not working so my budget is limited. My husband is very fond of reading books on spirituality but i wonder if it would make a good first anniversary gift? :? Do you have any suggestions? I really want to get him something. Please suggest me . Thanks.

2. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

You can gift "to go" coffee mug with your photo on it. It costs around 15$. If he use Coffee cup it will be a very good gift. You can order over net. (I ordered from walmart.com) I am having a baby so, I gifted a coffeecup with our baby's photo on his birthday. He loves that cup and he takes it daily. If you want more detail, go to walmart.com and try to gift it as a surpraise. (Get your local friends help if you don't have credit card)

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Hello Coolcool,
    I just loved this idea.:thumbsup
    I visited walmart.com but could not understand how to do it.How should I send the photo to them & how will they get it & send it to me.Please help me out.Next month is my husband birthday & I want to gift this to him.

4. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI,

I gave my husbend roses,a card and a gift for our aniversary. I don't know some say getting roses from boys is good but for me I like to give some flowers on our special occasion.

So for you u can give a gift which has some good words on it. I found one.......but for this year aniversary I couldn't order that gift....if u like it u can choose that:

1)"Love Forever" Marble Keepsake (6 Romantic Verses!)

2)"A Time for Love" Heart Clock (2 Romantic Verses!)

I loved these two gifts.......they are so romantic and u can ask them to write your name and your husbnd's name on it.

But only disadvantage is that these gifts cost more than $25.00 ....

Regards
    Srilak.

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

6. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

If you are ordering online, you can send the .gif file. visit walmart.com and select photo menu. It will show you the gift ideas. You can select the coffee mug if you want. Then, it will lead you to another page to send your photo(gif format).

7. suchi

suchi New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Coffee cup is a really great idea:goodidea:,i liked it a lot.that will help me for my frist anniversay :) ..........Thank u so much:thankyou2:

8. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hi Suchi,
    I do not know what ur exactly budget that u could spend.My suggestion will work if u are ready to pay starting from $59.
    I presented my hubby a "canvas photo of both of us" from this website. He loved it and he was really happy.
    In the website u could get list of prices for photo frames, their sizes, we could select type of paint (black and white/color..etc). but v need to send them photo either throught mail or by post, v have to choose all the options.
    If this is possible for u, u could try this out, even though it is expensive.

Thnx,
    Chitti.:2thumbsup:

9. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I usually gift my husband different shirts he likes my choice of colours. once i gifted him a pair of cufflings for his shirt to wear on suits. another time when his foot-sole was paining i gifted him a foot healer pad which he wears inside his shoes.I also gave my husband a pedicure after that which left my mother in law laughing at it.
    basically just see if there is something he is looking out for which he really needs or if something clicks in your head the last time when he mentioned anything he wanted again depending on the budget . my hubby is a football freak fan of manchester united . i knew nothing about football before now i know everthing only from him after i started watching it with him. i wanted to gift him a cap with the logo of his favourite team but i didnt get it anywhere.
    gift him something that you know he wants it can be even the smallest thing .
    giselle.

10. Sindhur

Sindhur New IL'ite

hey deepshika,
    you can search on the osho foundation online and will find some very good books by Osho - his speachs etc. or the biography of Swamy Yogananda is too a good read if he has not read it by now
    love sindhu