1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finger ring for infant (Kakula Unguram)

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Dhanu15, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Need a great help from you guys. My toddler is of 11 months old and she vomits the food without any reason.My MIL was saying (she is from Andhra Pradesh) there is a finger ring for infants called 'Kakuula Unguram' am not sure if i got the correct spelling here. Its a telugu word. Does anybody in Bangalore know what they say in Kannada for this and where we get this.
    Some info on the ring. They say if this ring is put for infants, they would stop vomitting and usually made out of silver while some put in gold. Mostly popular in Andhra.
    I browsed for more info on this, but in vain. So thought the best would be to get some ideas from other ladies out thr. Please help me. Thansk Dhanu

2. poomoh

poomoh New IL'ite

Dear Dhanu

I think ur m-in-law is talking about the one for dhrishti, a small bracelet made of one silver/gold and black bead alternatively. it is available in all jwellery shops in bagalore.

since the infant is 11-month-old, maintain a feeding chart with time, give one hr intervals for liquids and 2 hr intervals for solid foods. after feeding lay the baby on ur shoulder and hear it burp, it may take 20 minutes and never try to overfeed the baby, given little by little.

one household tip, dry fry 1 tb of jeera and boil it in 2 liters of water and keep it aside to cool and let the infant drink this instead of normal drinking water.............it will do wonders, good urination, normal digestion and good sleep.