Finest Posts- September 2014 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I do not have words to explain what we go through at the end of the month!! After the excitement caused by the shower of nominations and the pleasure of reading one excellent post after another, rings the big gong! Its time to choose! Let me put it this way for then every female member (and a few male members too?!) will understand the pressure very clearly--- Imagine we go to a huge and famous sari house..say Pothys or Nallis and we are on a budget and can buy only one or two saris at the most..!! Yes friends, all of you will now understand the pain of it all!!

Having graphically explained the pain we go through, I will proceed to say that thankfully the pain was gradually healed, slowly but somewhat pleasantly. Did you know the healing power of certain scents? All of us who have read a Jane Austen know how the smelling salts work on the jarred nerves of the dainty ladies!! In this case, it was not just the smelling salts, but a plethora of scents that invaded the senses, its intoxication was simply over powering! There was no question of hesitating. Its spell left no choice but to succumb to the sweetness! If in doubt, check it out for yourself...

The winner of the Finest Narration is Parineetha's 'The Pinnacle of Intoxication'!

Congratulations Parineetha!
    :2thumbsup:

You left us truly intoxicated with your snippet! The amazing variety of smells and scents we are exposed to was brought to us in a very pleasant and beautiful narration by you. I am almost sure that everyone who read the snippet were bathed in the floral aromas, could smell the freshly brewed coffee and end up smiling at the sweet smell of Johnson's baby!! Johnson??! Your baby! Please continue with your snippets and bring us joy Parineetha, it is my sincere request to you!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the above snippet we realize how we are surrounded by a wealth of beauty, be it nature or its scents, sounds and the laughter of a baby. Most of us take it for granted and forget its existence in the humdrum of life. We are so busy with our electronic gadgets, cars and planes and go on adding and improving the same for an even more savvier version and pride ourselves about our efficiency. Then one day the same car or plane gets us into a dangerous situation plunging our egos along with it. What do we do then? We look up to the heaven, the same heaven we had forgotten! Realization hits us! That's what happened to Stillwater!

The Winner of the Finest Contribution goes to Stillwater for her "Is it God?"
    Congratulations Stillwater!
    :clap

It was gripping to read your chilling experience which you narrated beautifully. One experiences a certain anxiety and suspense and holds the breath wondering how and where your journey ends. It did take you almost out of this world and made you realize what exists out there, everywhere. You ask ' is it God'! I ask you, what else...?! Whatever name we may give, the Presence is felt everywhere! We hope Stillwaters that you will give us many more such snippets. You have been your own competition as your 8-8.30 snippet was also in the race! We don't tire reading your snippets and hope you don't tire writing them!
    .......................................................................................................................................

We thank Iyerviji and Viswamitra for nominating the winning posts!

We request all our winners and the above members who nominated them to pm their Usernames, pin codes, contact numbers to IL_Admin so the gifts can be sent. Thank you.

Your,
    FP Team

Links to the Winning Posts:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/260711-the-pinnacle-of-intoxication.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/260339-is-it-god.html

9 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

The nominations for the month of September were impressive indeed with each snippet a star contribution in its own right. Viswamitra took a repeat bow with his Ray of Hope making it to the top of the list while Ananyakiran's take on the woman did one better appearing all over again having been first nominated in March. Goes to show good posts never cease to impress! We also see a comeback of sorts of Pallavi4me portraying various sensibilities!

It being Ganesha Chahurthi, we were happy Ganesha personally showed up in our FP list, thanks to Rainbowresh and was duly written about by our boys from the Snippet show room, viz. , : Viswamitra, Kamalji, Balajee and GG (GoogleGlass) !( Aside --What's with Ganesha and men?!) After listing about his various attributes, virtues, obesity, management skills and so on, the concern for pollution to the environs comes out as obvious!

Understandably so. For though on a different note, even our Srama who lives somewhere up in the clouds did think of Ganesha in her musings. She of course connected him to the circles of thought, reality and somewhere in between all that. But definitely to nature. Nature played a big part in RGSrinivasan's Twins too. I can now never think of the sun without the moon and the time gap between the two spheres, the twilight zone which is now painted gold for eternity by RGS! So much for the nature which the Creator has blessed us with!

Talking of the Creator, we do go through our misgivings and doubts when facing hurdles in our lives. Maybe we do lack the insight and spirituality which Viswamitra has?! Even as he discusses the importance of knowledge and education, he comes up with divinity which is an all binding factor. On the other hand, Stillwaters who was rationalizing the existence of God comes face to face with the Presence! So does our Rajinitk4 who is convinced she was led to Divinity by Divinity itself ! Such experiences and convictions are bound to provide answers to any doubting persons.

Even if that is not enough, surely the abundance of joy that is all around us is enough to make us believe! We learn how a little gurgling laughter of her little daughter and a flitting butterfly makes Stillwater's morose world all colorful and cheerful. Similar sentiments are expressed by Parineetha as she discovers the various scents and smells in the nature around and in her own little bundle of joy. Are these not some attributes of Almighty?

Another facet of our Creator is kindness and love. When that is present, any obstacle in life can be crossed. We will all be touched by Savi0301's story about the third gender.The binding love plays havoc in the lives of the characters. It may be a story, but not far from reality. Love for fellow beings and a certain tolerance to each other's wealth or health will make the world a happier place. Kamalji goes out of his way to explain this to us and so also Jayasala when she writes about the parents who fend for themselves. Also the way of today's world is reflected in this snippet which once again Kamalji reiterates in his snippet Greed. No amount of money is enough for many. At the same time, one also never hesitates to heckle at women who opt to stay at home and do not work for money as portrayed by Satchitananda! We are complex indeed! No wonder Akanksha1982 takes off in Pursuit of Happiness?!!

Luckily, reading Parineethi's and others' responses in Random Acts of Kindness restores our faith! Also we can end up smiling and laughing at our little idiosyncrasies even if it is a peanut! Anyways, GoogleGlass makes it clear that we better be caught smiling. I go for that! :)

L, Kamla

10 people like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Congrats N' and SW.

2 people like this.
  4. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

congratulations parineethi . your sentiments really touched hearts.

1 person likes this.
  5. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

wow kamla mam , your analysis elevates my snippets from their humble status.

1 person likes this.
  6. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

thank you viji mam for your nomination which enabled my win. a mother's blessing cannot go waste.

1 person likes this.
  7. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

thank you gg sir for your kind wishes.

8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Congrats to all winners..............

Kamala Mam your wonderful narration of the winners is actually in par to the winners snippet. May be I have to nominate you for the Octobers finest posts.....

so sweet a description covering all wonderful writers... chance eh ellai.....:clap

3 people like this.
  9. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

congrats parineethi and stillwater on ur winning

2 people like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear stillwaters
    Hearty congratulations! Your writings always show that you have chosen an apt ID as your thoughts run deep! I really loved your other nomination for the month about the 30 minutes that caused a sea change in your mood. Though listed as a Fiction by you, it sounded too real to be one! Coming to your winning nomination, 'Is it God?', it is indeed a thriller. After reading it, my only feeling was that God had no need to confirm His existence through such frightening episodes! After reading you, I believe in Him more than ever before!
    Three cheers to you, Deep Runner!
    Sri

2 people like this.