Finest Posts of Indusladies - Comments, Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya
    Thanks for all the hard work... You both make it worthwhile to visit the FP ..thats why I annoy you both so much with my frequent visits.. Great job gals.. you both are soooo cooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thank you, AC. Your request regarding Honourable Mentions will be answered soon.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac,

If you call this annoyance, I wonder how your real annoyance will be like?!!
    It is thanks to people like you that this FP forum is thriving, so, it is you who make all this worthwhile:)

L, Kamla

4. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

This is a very long thread, so I apologize in advance if this feedback has already previously been posted.

I am not a regular visitor to this forum, but came here after someone sent me a heads-up that a post of mine was nominated for the 'Finest post of IL' contest. Naturally, I was flattered and touched - thank you, Rajalakshmi! However, upon spending more time browsing this forum (to learn more about the contest), I realized that the word 'finest' is very subjective and may be in need of redefinition. I have especially seen that in the last year alone, more than 80% of the winning posts were either personal or fictional narratives.

One thread from the Married Life forum did win - but even that was based on personal narratives of heart-warming experiences as a newly married couple. The only one that was awarded the title of 'finest' for being 'helpful' / informative was a post in the Infertility forum. This got me thinking that maybe the category 'finest' is too broad. Maybe it would be more helpful if we had two categories - (1) best-read and (2) most-helpful.

This way, we would be able to acknowledge both the obviously talented narrators and story-tellers (the 'best-read' posters) and the helpful, caring and compassionate individuals who make this website a place to come to in times of need and trouble (the 'helpful' posters). Since these are two very different type of 'finest', I think it may be time to redefine the contest and make it two different ones, so that the people who write very helpful posts will also be rewarded for their helpfulness / compassion.

I do not intend to hurt anyone here, and I do not mean that the posters of the 'best-read' messages are not helpful, but I do feel that, given how attractive and heart-warming skilled narratives can be, that they leave the "non-narrators" (for lack of a better term!) by the wayside! There are a couple of posters in every forum - from Hobbies, to Money Matters, to Parenting - who go out of their way to help strangers, and who willingly share their expertise and wisdom with others, that I would love to nominate and see win for their ever-helpfulness, so I really hope that Malathy (and others) would take my FB in the spirit it is being given in and split the contest into two different ones.

That said, I nominate RiyasMommy's 'Cloth Diapers' thread in the Infant's forum as the 'most helpful'. The thread has TONS of information on cloth-diapering which is not only a greener and more environmentally friendly option, but also a very frugal alternative to disposables.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malyatha,

Thank you for visiting this thread and thank you for taking pains to explain your thoughts about Finest Post. BTW, please do not think that your post was long or hurtful. It is for these constructive suggestions that we are very much looking forward to. Please do remember that this forum and especially, the Finest Posts belong to all of us and it is our united effort that makes it successful.

Thanks for reading all about the Finest Post and its intentions. Since Finest Post was concepted, IL has grown by leaps and bounds. We would like to keep improving Finest Post to suit the need of the day.

I have read your suggestions with great interest and we would like to work upon it. Rest assured. Please do not hesitate to propose any ideas that may be of help to this forum and to all the ILites.

Once again, thanks for your very thoughtful post.

As the Finest Post is functioning the way it is for the time being, please nominate RiyaMommy's 'Cloth Diapers' in the December Nomination thread. It will get a better exposure there. Thank you.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  6. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

can any1 pls update me abt d upcmg month contest to om mail id... i like to participate bt dnt no were to c

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rosy,

Thanks for your interest in Finest Posts Forum and like your enthusiasm to participate.

Finest Posts of the Month are not a contest in that sense. You post your thoughts, articles, middles in the various appropriate forums of Indusladies forum and when members like your suggestions or posts, they chose to nominate your post to the Finest Post of the Month.

Please read the below link, all the information you need is given there.

Welcome to Indusladies and enjoy.

L, Kamla

Do read this:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html

8. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

@kamla,

great job............

Your a GOOD moderator.......

i would like to add to your workload by asking a favour.......

Can it be done that whaenever a person nominates a users thread or post the user gets a private message informing him/her such.

For eg:

i nominated satchi's ( EVIL) butterfingers...

Ah the butter.........

Ahm......... Coming to the point, can it be possible that satchi gets pm when i or anybody else nominate.

Not necessary it be done on a real time basis ... Even after 26 would be fine cause then all the nominations are finalised and then PM can say that ur this post has been nominated by these persons.........

Andhera kaayam rahega.......

Evil shall prevail........

Here comes the boogyman.......

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:boo:

:rotfl :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Johnson,

Thank you for the appreciation. It is our effort to bring the good posts to everyone's access with ease.

You have posted a similar message in the Index thread which I had to remove as we would like to keep that thread ONLY for indexing purposes. Hope you understand.

Thank you.

L, Kamla