Finest Posts of Indusladies - Comments, Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 22, 2007.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Vidya,

its a nice idea to have an index for the finest posts so that we cannot miss any post and have them at one place to read when ever we have time.

keep adding them!!!

cheers
    sreelatha

2. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    Thank you very much for putting up the index for the finest posts. It is so very useful. Hats off to your hard work !!!

Love:wave

1 person likes this.
  3. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,
    The index is very useful. But I see only Apr'2007 and May'2007 nominated posts in the index. Is there any other index for the following months(june and july) or am I missing something :confused2:

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Monsi,

The index for June and July has not been put up. So your eyes are not playing any tricks :)
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this delay. We will fix it ASAP :)
    Please bear with us.

L, Kamla

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

This is what is called as "Grey Cells". Good Job and great thinking. Easy read for people like me.....

You deserve a standing applause... Can you hear me.. The loudest thunder is from ME............

Love and

6. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Nominations for best post - suggestion

Dear IL Team,

It is a pleasure browsing the IL site and one does come across good postings quite often. And would like to even nominate it for the 'Best post' contest. But, it is possible to miss doing this, because one may miss out the 'calling for nominations' post (may be taking a break and not accessing net, etc) or may simply not have the time to go, look for the thread and nominate it.

To avoid these oversights and to facilitate the process, here are a few suggestions:

At one level, can we 'tag' the posts that we would like to nominate? Basically, there should be something like 'My favourites' under the new links that you have created. One just needs to pick up the links from there and put it under 'nominations'.

At a higher level, the tagged posts automatically enter the nominations whenever it is announced. One caveat here is that the person who nominates may not be able to explain why that post appealed to him/her. It may be possible to overcome this also, by actually allowing the user to put in some comments while tagging it for the 'best post' nominations.

Not sure how much of this practical - but may be worth a shot?

Thanks ,

Cheers,

Sumathy

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sumathy,

Looks like you have given a careful thought to this. We shall surely look into your request and if it is deemed practical and useful, shall surely incorporate it. It should also be technically viable.
    Thanks for your interest and suggestions. We are always open to anything that will be helpful to the IL members and improve the quality of IL .

L, Kamla

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sumathy,

As Kamla said, we will look into this. In the meanwhile, please,please make a nomination in FP in the existing format. We survive when enthusiastic members like you make suggestions, nominations and feed-back.

Please note that I moved your post from the original place to this appropriate forum.

Also, thanks for your kind words on our write up.

regards
    V24

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

I would like to have a separate category called "Humorous Posts". It will not include jokes and forwards but genuine articles, stories or any thing related to humour. Many humorous posts get lost in the gamut of posts. This would help viewers to just click on the category and browse at them whenever they require.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Happy Diwali! And thanks for your suggestion. FP can get better only when members like you brain storm. We will definitely discuss your suggestion and get back. Bear with us till the festive season is over.

regards