Finest Posts - October 2008 nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

The festivity fever reaches its peak this month with Navratri, Durga Puja and of course, the big one, Diwali, all of them coming up this month!

So then, let us bring all the festivity right into the FP this month! Let us make the FP colorful and musical like Navratri, full of energy like Durga Puja and brightly lit like Diwali. And last but not the least, let us remember to add super extra doses of sweetness to it because all these festivals have this one thread in common – the mouth watering sweets!

The nominations for the FP on the month of October are now open!! Bring your favorite posts to the FP and share the joy of reading a wonderful piece with everyone.

The rules of nominating remain the same.

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened. This will avoid the heartburn that the moderators experience at the very last minute of every month!!
    In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To a link to the original post that you are nominating :

How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :

How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

Looking forward to you all dazzling the FP with your nominations and writing this month!

Lots of luv,
    Kamla and SS

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Here is the opening a peom written by Devika Menon http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-poems/36121-live-love-you-cant-turn.html
    The poem is so true learn to love when you are still alive then repent later

Another one is Varalotti's A LOVE STORY here I include all the episodes
    this is indeed a real love story just not between a girl or a boy but this is love between all the people you come across in life. Who makes a great change in each others life.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,
    Thanks for nominating the whole serial A LOVE STORY. You have given the substance of the story in two lines.
    thanks once again.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

Thanks for 'kick starting' the October nominations with not one, but two remarkable nominations.

Nevermind what she pens, Devika makes sure to rob our hearts and sensitivity.

Varalotti, the master story teller writes not only with his pen, but also with his heart. That the title of his latest novel is well justified is very obvious to all of us readers. I have missed out on quite a few episodes and am looking forward to the pleasurable trip into ALS soon.

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear SS,

Was a pleasure to read your intro to the October FP nomination. Felt like the music played- lights brightened up all around me and felt the sweetness of it all!

L, Kamla

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Kamla. Like Arun waiting for Dr.Kamla for his sessions, I am waiting eagerly for your presence in the episodes you missed. Since your namesake played a role equivalent to that of the heroine, I am even more eager (read anxious) to know about your reaction.
    But there is no hurry, absolutely. ALS unlike other posts in IL is quite long and will take some time to read. When you are finished with the pleasant responsibilities you are currently loaded with, please do visit ALS.
    love,
    sridhar

7. SoaringSpirit

My dear dear Kamla,

I should have mentioned yet another BIG reason for the festivity in the FP this month - your return from vacation!

It is GRREAT to have you back. I, for one, am soooo glad to have my partner back!

For the regulars here, I know sure they are overjoyed to have their favorite Kamla back here.

Welcome back partner!!

Lot of luv,
    SS

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

10. SoaringSpirit

Ac dear,

Thank you, thank you and thank you for bringing Tikka aka Krithika's "What place does religion have for you in raising your LO?" to the FP!

What a wonderful topic! Kudos to you Krithika for starting such an apt topic!

I am going to be following this thread very closely because I am confident it is going to bring forward some mind blowing and positive discussion on what religious teachings mean and what should be imparted in the growing up years of a child's life. Since these initial years are the formative years for a child, it is very important to clear up our (parents') mind first before we start imparting values to kids.

I am all ears and eyes Krithika!

Luv,
    SS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.