Finest Posts- November 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    It is incredible that I am about to announce the opening of Nominations for November 2014! It was only yesterday or so it seemed when my buddy Kamla wrote “2014!! Really?! It seems like it was only very recently that we were jubilant welcoming the New Millennium and now it is 2014?!?” How time flies! I miss my dad now for every time I wondered about time flying, he would say ‘Son, if you think time is flying, it means that you are able to kill it faster than it is born!’ Now please don’t equate me with Kamsa who did it to Devaki and Vasudeva!

November is the time when this part of India sees some rain banishing the yearlong aridity both in land and brain. Rain always stimulates me to think while the arid months just sing a lullaby to me. I hope this is the case with most of you and it means that there is going to be a big spurt in our literary activity. I have cleaned my keyboard and polished it to type out my responses to a flooding of nominations here. I don’t grudge it for you have given me and my buddy Kamla some good rest in October!

People who were essentially one line FB writers have suddenly blossomed into awesome writers and GG is now like a shining beacon in this category. I hope Quebec will follow suit too. What can be more heartening than to witness the birth of new writers by the dozen? Now is the time for our nominators to spread their net far and wide to catch all the worthy fish.

Friends, I have great pleasure in declaring the Nominations for November 2014 open!
    Your FP Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link below: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making [COLOR=#009900 !important]the winner more significant.[/COLOR]

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

4 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Thank you awfully GG! Your Glass is stronger than mine indeed! Looks as if I missed ammulu's nomination of Neetu's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/263035-lot-happens-over-cup-chai-4.html during the process of my opening the nominations for November.

My dear ammulu
    That was a great nomination. All I can say is that Neetu knows what she is talking about particularly when she is talking about love! Never knew Cupid used tea as love inducing dart. Shows how shallow my knowledge of scriptures is! After I finished reading about Neetu's tea d'amor sessions, I must have looked like Dilip Kumar in Madhumati as my wife promptly noticed it and said 'I have never seen you like that!' :biggrin2:

I have been always a coffee drinker and it only increases your love for coffee and not your spouse! We sip our coffee in ecstatic silence and when I try to strike conversation with her, she would silence me with a stern look. Nothing happens over a cup of coffee! :cry:

It was a beautiful write up. Had Omar Khayyam read it, he would have re-written his Rubaiyat as:
    A Book of Verses in the Balcony Garden
    A cup of chai, Some crisp cookies—and Thou
    Beside me singing in the Balcony—
    Oh, Balcony were Paradise enow!
    Sri

9 people like this.
  4. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much GG for bringing my nomination for November month. Thank You Cheeniya sir for considering the nomination.

2 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

What a lovely and warm welcome for a wet November!

You were so prompt. When I threw a glance at IL pages after the hectic and crackling Deepawali, I thought I am still blinded by all the patakas and was not seeing right. November is dawning and I am still basking in the sweetness of the Diwali bakshanams?! Adding on to the sweetness was your invitation to nominate!

Well well, time doth fly!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  6. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

I would like to nominate Morning Multitasking by hrastro. It definitely motivates every woman who reads it and also helps them in planning their schedule at home...She had explained her schedule in a detailed way...Am impressed :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear buddy Kamla
    Fortunately every month of the year has something good to say about it and that helps me to add a lot of warmth to my welcome! At the end of the day, I evaluate the quality of my welcome by the response it generates. If the number of nominations are over 25, I take it that I have pitched my welcome well! If not, I resolve to write better next time! The proof of the pudding is in the eating you know!
    Good to hear that the sweetness of Diwali in general and the goodies in particular is still lingering. Let it linger. After all the next festival is quite a distance away!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Dear ammu
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of hrastro's awesome http://www.indusladies.com/forums/recipe-central/260874-morning-multitasking-whole-days-cooking.html
    I am impressed too with hrastro's planning. If I had done something similar during my banking career, I would have ended up as someone like Raghuram Rajan! I never had a penchant for planning because of my strong belief in the Murphy's Law that 'Anything that can go wrong , will go wrong'. It is my firm view that if something goes wrong with all my planning, my distress would be far greater than if something goes wrong due to lack of planning! I guess it is the typical male mindset!

But after going through hrastro's awesome planning, I find a great desire surging in me to do some meticulous planning but I can't find anything to do!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  10. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks AmmuluR, for bringing that post in to this forum. I am happy that it got appreciated this way. -rgs

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.