Finest Posts - Nominations For September 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Come September!
    A jolly good movie of 1961 starring Rock Hudson and Gina Lollobrigida that was an instant hit in India. Desi versions of this movie were also Box office hits. The handsome hero Rock Hutson died of AIDS at the age of 59. The heroine of the movie, Gina, continues to be fit as a fiddle at 92! The title song of the movie is an evergreen hit. This movie took several Indian Avatar and in Tamil it came as Anbe Vaa starring an aging MGR (He was 50 then!) and Saroja Devi.

Goodness! I am getting lost in nostalgia! What I came to inform you was that a new month has started and it was time to start nominating new threads. This is the trouble with old guys. Their Time Machine always travels back in Time! See how I took you back by about 58 years!

The nominations for September are welcome now. Scout around for worthy threads and flood us with your nominations!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

satchitananda likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

I am here with my first nomination. It's
    @messedup's Experiences Of Life...

Wish you all the best to get more nominations than last month

Thyagarajan, Cheeniya and messedup like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much aunty...:blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@Cheeniya Sir,
    How Could i not respond to your clarion call!
    And what perfect snippet comes to fill the nomination at the right time for me.
    I would like to nominate "Here a quack, there a quack" Here A Quack, There A Quack, Everywhere A Quack Quack
    by @Balajee Sir for bringing up a much needed topic up for discussion! i do not know how popular it may get, but it definitely is the need of the hour!

Cheeniya likes this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I hope all is good with @satchitananda Mam, Long time no words seen ;)

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Afresh thank you for nominating my thread. I am quacking with joy.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    satchitananda and Afresh like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Keeping in view the hullabaloos of wedlock and longing for progeny and its aftermath discussed at infinitum in this forum over the decades, I have no hesitation in seconding thewell thought out nomination by my elder sister @iyerviji of the thought provoking essay by another fellow writer viz. “experiences of life “.

Thanks and Regards.
    God You do not love chaos and confusion in wedlocks.?

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@iyerviji @Thyagarajan
    My dear viji
    Yet again, the first nomination! You are amazing indeed!
    Thank you for your nomination of @messedup 's Experiences Of Life..
    And my dear Thyagu
    You are amazing too. Your vocabulary must be at least twice the size of the normal English-speaking humans. I say 'humans' because I have seen some animals talking in chaste English like the talking cat Tobermory of Saki (H.H. Munro) and the talking dog in James Hadley Chase's Miss Shumway Waves a Wand!
    @messedup starts with saying
    and comes out with a delightful and honest post. Her ten recommendations are like the Ten Commandments that will help us to live a peaceful life. A great post messedup! Loved it.
    Sri

messedup likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I too love it Sir.
    2. Psychologists & anthropologists consider man is a rational ANIMAL - of course all may not speak in same language. Some use only body. Some only gestures. Even Some from distance - sign only! Thanks for information about “cat and dog” about which you rained sometime ago.
    Thanks and Regards.

10. Cheeniya

@Afresh
    My dear Afresh
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Balajee's Here A Quack, There A Quack, Everywhere A Quack Quack
    And that
    was indeed gratifying.
    I have great admiration for the thought process of Balajee. I consider him as the IL's Arthur Buchwald. Or our own Rustom Khurshedji Karanjia. Bala is ruthless her as usual. Who can contest his statement ' That means if you can afford the fees you can join a medical college whether you have the qualifications for it or not.'?
    Whenever I read Balajee, I tell myself 'God save us all'!
    Sri

Afresh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.