Finest Posts - Nominations For November 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is November! Don’t worry. I’ll say nothing more about November. I really wonder if my bla bla at the start of each month interests any of you. So without much ado, I announce the start of a fresh month to nominate the interesting posts that you may have come across.

Incidentally, to encourage better participation, I am happy to inform you that the four nominations will not henceforth include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, the four nominations will include only your primary nominations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This will not include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, only your primary nominations will be accounted towards the permitted four nominations.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya ji,
    Here’s my nomination for November. @madras2018 ’s response to Happygirl6’s query about not being able to forget her ex husband. This is the mantra that every woman should follow , specially when they are done mourning the end of their marriage. It’s about moving on with dignity but also taking life by the horns, rather than hanging on by the tail.

I Am Not Able To Forget My Exhusband

Vaikuntha and shravs3 like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@SinghManisha
    Thank you for opening the account for the month. Will respond in detail ASAP
    Sri

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    SinghManisha likes this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019
    shravs3 likes this.
  6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Manisha. I appreciate your appreciation :)

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Oops my bad. I thought it’s the link for the post. Let me update :blush:

madras2018 likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@SinghManisha
    Dear Manisha
    Thank you for your nomination of @madras2018 's response (Post17) to I Am Not Able To Forget My Exhusband
    In crisp 6 lines, madras2018 has chocked out an action plan for a divorcee who continues to pine for her ex.husband. I am all for action plans that are short and crisp. It is like hitting a confused person on the solar plexus as Wodehouse would say! madras2018 has clearly established that brevity is the soul of wit. By the way, is not this piece of advice suitable for all those contemplating marriage?
    Sri

SinghManisha likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@shravs3
    Dear shravs
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @madras2018 's response No.24 to I Am Not Able To Forget My Exhusband
    I truly admire madras2018's eloquence and felicity. I just finished reading her 6 line comment in the same post and now I read a longish response to the same post. As @Rihana has stated what a joy it is to read such responses! I was struck by this line in particular:
    Why is madras2018 not writing more often? I am happy that this thread has brought her back here after a year. :blush:
    Sri

shravs3 likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Excellent news, sir!

Cheeniya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.