1. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Finest Posts - Nominations For May 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This Stay at Home thing really gets on my nerve. If people cannot get around as they please, it is disaster. At least for me! I am never used to have everyone staying at home. I have always considered it as my sole privilege. Corona has deprived me of it. My solitude has been seriously eroded. I would go mad if I cannot shut myself in my room and be lost with my fellow ILites. What a fantastic bunch this is! They are so creative that no subject is beyond their ability to master. Let us sit and enjoy all their creations. And nominate the best that we come across. Doesn't your keyboard beckon you?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This will not include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, only your primary nominations will be accounted towards the permitted four nominations.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

iyerviji and Rihana like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you sister from bottom of my heart.

2. I wrote that response late night when angel sleep refused to embrace me. I never anticipate of the hazard of this response being nominated.

3. But you are always considered good in separating chaff from fiction.
    Regards.
    God Bless us sister in corona lockdown times.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Thanks need good wishes at this time.

5. iyerviji

6. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Finest Post Winner

Thanks Viji! Appreciate it!

iyerviji likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

8. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for opening the month's account with your first nomination of @Thyagarajan 's response to the thread
    Are You Living Life To The Fullest And Happiest? What According To You Is A Happy Life?
    Thyagu is a deep thinker and very knowledgeable too. He has once again given his best take on the subject raised by the OP. But I am not entirely in agreement with him when he says
    I am a Sufi follower. Sufism believes that we have a choice of existence. We can exist at the level of our flesh and blood which is what most of us do. We can exist at the level of our spirit that has no boundaries of time and space. We should endeavor to move up from our bodily existence to our spiritual one. What you have described is relevant to our bodily existence. Deepak Chopra talks about it in his Ageless Body, Timeless Mind.
    Just a curiosity. You have stated
    but the timeline of your post says you wrote it at 7.30 p.m. on Thursday. How can the goddess of sleep try to put you to sleep at that hour?:blush:
    Sri

iyerviji and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    Yes Sir. I agree in toto.

This is what happens when one use more than one devise.

2. I prepared the response previous night of posting in smartphone and had second thoughts about its relevance to OP s post. I had kept in abeyance till I could formulate a better answer but it was elusive till the following evening.

3. Later I concluded, instead of stating some direct answer to OP’s query, better the answer be philosophical as already prepared and also upon re reading felt it could be unique. It was that thought then propelled me to post that response from my iPad.

Sir, I trust this might convince for the “Angel sleep fail to embrace” statement. In the meanwhile I must apologise if this had caused any inconvenience.

Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

I am fully convinced Thyagu. You do plead your case well!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.