Finest Posts - Nominations For August 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks sister.
    I pinched myself that the nomination of my response in the thread ibid is real. But from experience, I had observed that you have been spotting the bests of contributions over the years that almost win monthly accolades for posts of narration and posts of Feed Backs.
    With gratitude, I wish to state that that you had chosen my response to your thread and nominated that won me the best award in the past.

With heart felt thanks
    Regards.
    THYAGU

GOD bless all.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of @Rihana 's Pathetic Woman Buying Flowers For Herself
    Rihana has expressed herself so well about women buying flowers. As the feedbacks indicate, people buy flowers for good reasons. I have seen roses being sold for crazy prices and at those prices, they need to be booked in advance. At marriages and political functions, huge number of bouquets are dumped out. It's all very unfair.
    I have a question. Why Rihana has responded to any FB?
    Sri

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

She might be busy after posting this wonderful snippet (My positive minds want to believe this). I hope it is not a social media experiment to see how people respond to such questions in social media platforms.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    For more insights I googled and landed on this note in Facebook.

Radio Sai

Thanks and Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Vini
    Thank you for your nomination of Is It Really "success" When "morals" Are Compromised? by @anika987 who has raised a basic question about achieving success. In the context of fierce rat race, it might appear that achieving success by any method is fine. But will that success trouble us subsequently because of the manner in which it was achieved? I doubt. If a person believes that all is fair in love and war, he may be smug about his success. But not everyone.
    Sri

anika987 likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    @HariLakhera has raised a point that has always troubled me. This Is The Point. touches the same point that has remained unanswered in my mind. The earliest reported suicide was in 434BC when a Greek Historian ended his life by jumping into a Sicilian volcano! More than the act of committing suicide, the way some people go about it unnerves me. If you see the statistics of the number of people committing suicide in India, you will be stunned. This is a very distressing subject indeed.
    Sri

HariLakhera likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Child Care At Home With Covid And Office Work by @blindpup10
    I remember a movie titled Parenthood that came in the late 1980's which is about a group of parents dealing with the daily challenges of raising children in different environments. Corona has added a new dimension to the problem.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your last nomination of the month and I am grateful to you for keeping this contest running. @Thyagarajan is a prolific writer. Not only prolific but his hands reach a wide spectrum of posts all around the community. His reply to @Dreamer in his own post Profile Of Profiles? is an expression of anguish. Every writer is keen to see how his post gets responded. Lack of response should not make him despondent nor should it make him feeling sidelined. I have been with this community almost from inception and I have seen excellent posts not even getting a single response. Several of my own posts fell flat. My request to Thyagu is not to bother about responses. That's what Gita tells us. Don't ask me ask me who is Gita! I am talking about Bhagwat Gita.
    Sri

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    iyerviji likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am here to nominate the story written by @Mugg titled Forgiveness Leads To Freedom. It is such an excellent story written with life application. The scriptures say forbearance is the best attitude one can cultivate to set oneself free. This rich knowledge is depicted in a well-written story.

Viswa

ratan and muggs like this.
  10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Cheeniya,
    It sure is a very distressing subject. Suicides are committed all over the world. Japan is known for its Harakiri. The question is what goes in the mind of the person committing such act? The question is why these people do not take professional help of counsellors and psychiatrists? Do the people around them are in a way responsible for leading them to such drastic act?
    Eventually the person is left with one and one question-What is the point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.