Finest Posts - Nominations For April 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks for your nomination of @ImHuman 's response in the thread How Not To Panic During Lockdown , Especially In Joint Family?venting
    The bright hue of her response is amazing! Her reference to the Sun God is very meaningful. Even Lord Rama recites Aditya Hridayam a prayer to Sun God before he takes up Ravana. The Sun is the reason why our depression is much less during the day than at night when our fortune nosedives.
    A motivating message from ImHuman.
    Sri

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thanks a lot for elevating my writing to the level of RK Narayan. I do have a good collection of books written by RK Narayan, my reading expedition having started with one of his books.”The bachelor of arts’.

I think I write more in the Mathrubootham style of ‘The Hindu’ fame, a humorous column which appears every Sunday. I am a huge fan of his writing, because it is very simple and even a child can understand it. Appreciation coming from erudite stalwarts like you is like a pat in the back. “ Sabash sariyaana postu”

Regards,
    Agatha83

Viswamitra, Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Yes. Mathrubootham is very talented. It is very difficult to belt out humorous articles in a way that even a child can understand. I am very jealous of him:blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are multiple excellent, thorough, and informative posts by @startinganew in a thread about the skills needed for a data scientist and the ways to go about acquiring them. I wish I could nominate all of them as one contribution, but as that is not allowed, I am choosing this post to nominate for FP:
    Data Scientist - Skills Needed

Each suggestion in the post is worth its weight in bitcoins or something equally precious, but #4, the one on how to cold-call Indian women in the data science industry through twitter/LinkedIn and what to say in the email was what especially caught my eye. This method is no secret but many often hesitate to use it though the reality is that like startinganew said there: "once they are in a field for 5 yrs or so are very happy to help mentor a younger woman who is interested in their career path. "

OK, I have rambled enough. I decided to nominate the post for FP the moment I read it, and I am so proud to have done it before April ended. : )

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I agree to your view points.
    2. I would request, @Cheeniya Sir to note that I am seconding this nomination.
    3. This post of @startinganew is “Out of Box” Category - you can term it as foresight or fore vision or envision.

Thanks and Regards.

startinganew, Rihana and Cheeniya like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Rihana @Thyagarajan
    Rihana
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @startinganew 's response number 22 in the thread
    Data Scientist - Skills Needed
    and thank you Thyagu for seconding it.
    Rihana, I agree with all that you have said in your nominating post. All this may have been Greek and Latin to me but for the fact that my daughter is a senior executive in a software company. She would often sit with me and review her day's work. You know, the thinking-aloud kind of sharing. She is now mentoring quite a few young freshers.

7. ImHuman

ImHuman Bronze IL'ite

I am so glad my response is liked. I am surprised and thrilled to be nominated for the finest post:hearteyes:. My relation to The Sun God is strengthened by sunny afternoons, fresh mornings, and recognizing him as the sole energy provider for all the life on eath.

In my 10 th class, my science teacher was explaining.

(He usually picks up someone randomly from the class. Class has to be alert all the time). This time it is me.
    "Did you have Lunch? You got energy?"
    "Yes".
    "What did you eat for Lunch".
    "Rice and Curry, curd..."
    "From where did you get rice from"
    "Paddy, crops"

"tell me from how crops are making food".... Photosynthesis. It has to be "The Sun".
    "Tell me some other forms of energy."

Electricity ...? From coal..,?from water? has to go back to "The Sun".
    Light energy? has to go back to "The Sun".
    Mechanical energy? Movement? has to go back to "The Sun". That day I had a glimpse of how we are dependent on The Sun.:sunglasses::grinning:

Cheeniya and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Let's bid adieu to April now. Wait till the break of May to continue our jolly good march. ( See how I covered March, April and May!)

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.