Finest posts - May nominations!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Chitvish, May 7, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Finest posts - for May !

Dear All,

As the link I gave for my nomination may take you only to the page and not to the exact post, I am reproducing the post for your benefit.
    My suggestion is that you should read all the posts in that thread to appreciate how this post has summed everything that is to be said on morality and sits smugly in its place.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar (Sir?),
    I too went through this post. Though the moderators had opted to nominate a humorous post for the month of May, I feel the thought provoking ones that stir our emotions and conscience make more impact on us. (May be I give an impression of a serious person?) No sir, Iam not. I love humour and I do have a great sense of humour. Yet it is my personal opinion that humour is just a passing thing and gives momentary joy whereas serious articles have an everlasting impression in our minds. Humour is necessary as is salt to food. We cannot do without that either.
    So I would also reccomend Vidhya's post for the month of May.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

There is no need for you to explain yourself. Whatever you write, I know, comes from that good and noble heart of yours.

Kamla, I am a novice as far as administration and other matters of the site are concerned. If Vidya and you are going to sit in the judges panel, Vidya, will not allow her own post to be considered for the contest. My suggestion to you is that you rope in somebody else as the judge just for May contest alone.

I am happy and proud to learn that you share my thoughts on this great post.
    Love,
    sridhar

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathijagan,

Thank you for nominating Vidya's post for May. That was a brilliant summary by her about our sense of morality.
    We are only 10 days into May and have the rest of the month to anticipate more of such brilliant posts.
    At least, we can be happy that the objective of this Finest Post contest is being realized. All of us are more aware of what we read and are sharing it with everyone through this forum. That in itself makes the nominated post a winner.
    Just because moderators nominate a post, does not make that post a winner.
    With all your best wishes, we hope to bring a worthy winner forwards every month.
    Also, every one is free to nominate more than one post for FP. It just has to capture our imagination and heart.

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Your enthusiasm is infectious and heart warming. Please rest assured that I will leave no stone unturned to please everyone and IL'ites will feel happy at whatever decisions the Moderators may take. When everyone supports wit understanding, there is no winning or losing.:)

L, Kamla

6. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

7. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/marriage-spouse-and-in-laws/7426-in-law-visit-help.html

I nominate Marisa's post for the finest post of May.

Many times we stay firm on our way of doing things and expect other persons to coalesce towards our way. Other times, we acknowledge the difference and leave it at that. It takes a superior person, like Marisa, to extend the hands and bridge the difference.

If we go the extra mile to accomodate each other (and their relatives), what a beautiful life we spawn. Thanks Marisa for coming into IL and hope to see many more contributions from you.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mythili and Jey for coming up with nominations for the month of May.

Chithra's write up on the The Law of Cycles-Vedic view is no doubt an excellent one. Most of her posts are guiding lights to IL'ites and hence is she the proud leader of her own forums.

Jey, thanks for nominating Marisa's post. It was a heartwarming post. When a young daughter in law goes all that way to please her in-laws, hope shines strong for a wholesome family life. Her post can also serve as a beacon of light to all those young and new daughters in law who have set up homes abroad and are sure to recieve their parents-in-law sometime soon. As a matter of fact, a quick lesson to any girl about the basics of in-law relationship...concern and attention mingled with a splutter of love.

L, Kamla

9. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi all
    Thank you all so very much for nominating my post .

My nomination is Vidya's FB on Swadharma ( quoted above in Varalotti's post here) . I dont think I need to add a " my reason for nominating...." here. A gem is a gem .

Dear Vidya,
    thanx for yr. kind words of praise for my nominated post containing "original " thoughts and ideas.
    I take this opportunity to thank you very much for contributing that superb imagery of" John Abraham in drag" , which added much merriment to my general laughing at self. ( i was hoping you'd notice the word "really" preceeding that phrase in my post, which i expected to signify a remembered or repeated idea . Apparently , i am rather deficient in communicating intentions well ! Maybe i shd've used the quotemarks. Better late than never, i have edited the post suitably.

manjula

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Manju(reddy),

Thank you for nominating my post. Let me add, that I was happy to read your post on Big and Tall Issues and further see the nominations for that pouring in.

Note that you have acknowledged my phrase 'John Abraham in drag' which you have used in your post. I had made a reference to your usage of that term in that thread itself two weeks back.

Also note your explanation on the usage of the word 'really`. I think you are very adept in conveying your intentions. And we all in IL enjoy reading them.

Vidya