Finest posts - May nominations!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Chitvish, May 7, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I wish to nominate
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/7354-big-issues-and-tall-stories.html
    for the finest post for May.
    It is purley entertainment value that Manjureddy has provided. The humour was very enjoyable through out.
    We had a "moralising and thinking deep " post for a winner in April.
    I think, this provides an enjoyable contrast that one can look at oneself & laugh gleefully !
    It is hightime, we Indians practise this for our own betterment. We are too serious & preocuupied for ever !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: Finest posts - for May !

Dear Chithra,

I too enjoyed reading that post, it was hilarious. And you are right, it is time to loosen up:)
    Always with it Chithra, you rock:)

L, Kamla

9 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Powers that be!
    I do hope that everyone realises that making people laugh thro writing is the most difficult task. I am not referring to making people laugh through forwards but through some very original stuff.
    Manju Reddy has posted a wow piece on her growing up and if it leaves anyone unsmiling, let us not bother about them. I have no hesitation whatsoever in nominating it for the best post in May.
    read it here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/7354-big-issues-and-tall-stories.html
    Sri

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear mortals that are,

Cheeniya sir- A fitting nomination! I liked it too and yes, it is difficult to make others laugh with original words and thoughts.

regards
    Vidya

5. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Finest posts - for May !

Dear Industeam,

I too nominate Manju for the best and finest post in May.

May her tribe increase.:mrgreen:

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra(jan),

Thank you for this nomination. It is always nice to read your posts also in IL.

regards
    Vidya

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes friends, I agree with you all. With her humorous account, she gently shoo'd away some of the reservations many have in talking about their shortcomings..should that be tallcomings??:))

L, Kamla

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Wow , already timefor nominations for May......time flies so fast!
    me too , i liked Manjus posting...... Let the "Toll"( in german it means , "superma") issue take its "Tall" rightful place !:-D
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/sn...l-stories.html

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious Ladies and Kind Gentlemen,

My nomination for the finest post of May is what Vidya24 has written in the thread Provoked By Cheeniya.....
    Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...ti/7435-provoked-by-cheeniya-lady-room-2.html

I am very much aware of the fact that Vidya forms part of the judges panel to determine the finest post. But that does not in itself disqualify her well-written post (which is on the very concept of morality and the hue and cry we make about it) from being considered for this competition.

The best thing I lilke about this post is that the author does not speak from a moral high-ground with the typical "holier than thou" attitude. Instead the author of the post comes down to mix with us , ordinary mortals, and in a tone, which proclaims her understanding of the human pains and the variations in the concept of morality between th East and the West, tells the core and substance of morality, in its highest form, ones own swadharma.

It comes as no surprise to us that this small post of hers has won Wows from the two great Wow-posters of this site, Cheeniya Sir and Manju Reddy Madam.

Nominating a post by one of the judges of this contest may pose a lot of administrative problems. But we should not let factors of administration, logistics or convenience blind our eyes to the quality of the writing.

As your friend and as a writer my request to all the members is to just read that post once and let me know what do you feel about it.

With Regards,
    Varalotti

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

You sure have nominated an excellent post. Vidya's words on morality leaves a great impact and I love the way she weaves with words.

I also feel I want to nominate your post for nominating Vidya for FP:) Please do not think that I am imitating an early post of yours. This too comes from my heart, dear wordsmith:)

L, Kamla