Finest Posts - May 2013 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 1, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest Congratulations to
    GRAMMA BHAVANA :-D
    AND
    YUKTIVIG

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi adorable grandma
    Your adorable granddaughter has not only brought a lot of cheer in your life but an FP award too! Whenever I read the comic scenes of your life, I am reminded of Lucille Ball of Here is Lucy fame. Just looking at Lucy used to fill my heart with joyful delight and I get a similar feeling when I sight a new thread from you. Your sense of humour is special indeed. You do not make people laugh with a string of jokes. Your humour runs as an undercurrent through your narration of any incident of your life. Honestly it is not the kind that make people roll on the floor but it is something that keeps us smiling from the first line to the last line. Making people roll on the floor is really a violent kind of humour which I strongly deplore. Such humour may suit kids that model for Surf Excel but not for adults.

My hearty congratulations to you, Bhavna. May your sense of humour remain intact right through your life!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear YuktiVig
    My hearty congratulations to you for winning the Finest Contribution Award with your http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/218863-help-thy-lady.html You may not know this but you have created a record by winning this award within a month of your joining our community. When this was nominated by RGS in eight poetic lines, I knew it was going to be a winner. Further archie added her weight to this with her superb FB. Of course the subject matter that you took up for Snippet was something that I could not actively comment upon being a male but I knew you were on to a winner!
    God bless you, Yukti. I expect many such winners from your keyboard in the days to come
    Sri

4 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Leader
    Awesome as usual! I like your method of splitting the Winner announcement into two parts, first one is the announcement of the Winners in the Dhrishta Sita style of Lord Hanuman and the second is all about what you felt about the nominators of the month. Unlike you, I have this problem that Wodehouse's Bertie Wooster faces often:
    “I don't know if you have had the same experience, but the snag I always come up against when I'm telling a story is this dashed difficult problem of where to begin it. It's a thing you don't want to go wrong over, because one false step and you're sunk. I mean, if you fool about too long at the start, trying to establish atmosphere, as they call it, and all that sort of rot, you fail to grip and the customers walk out on you.

Get off the mark, on the other hand, like a scalded cat, and your public is at a loss. It simply raises its eyebrows, and can't make out what you're talking about.”

How easily you have solved this problem! My dad would always say that it was better to be in partnership in everything we did because of the chance of the partner's immense calibre rubbing off on us!

I should compliment you on your selection of Winners this month. I am tempted to mention the wisdom of Solomon again but restrain myself for the fear that you might think that I have run out of expressions! By the way, I need to check with you on one point. It is about the use of smilies accompanying the Winner's announcement. I find that it ranges from Cheers to Clapping and Thumbs up. Is any hidden message encrypted in these smilies (as Viswa would think) or you just select them at random? Do you say cheers only when guys like Kamalji win the Award because they understand only that lingo? Would you enlighten me on this, my worthy leader?
    Sri

8 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Am thrilled to see your feed back here so early in the thread! Now I can say that the winning announcement is totally complete as far as the FP team is concerned.

Hmm saar...Ramayana, Wodehouse and Solomon! I am satisfied! Just what I expect from you. You enrich my gray cells. As far as being in good partnership goes, I reciprocate in same words! My father too has advised me to keep good company for you are judged by your friends. I feel quite good for being in your company!:bowdown

As for my smilies, I am a little disappointed with the choice we have here. Downloading from a Smiley site is too much of a hassle. I try to infuse as much feeling and variation as possible given the choice! Selection is mostly random unless it is Kamalji!! For him, I reserve --:cheers And here's one for you too--:cheers

:rotfl

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congratulations dear Bhavna...........:thumbsup
    proud_new_grandma_baby_girl_footprints_coffee_mug-r3dde0fd4850f426fa34a143dc5c72195_x7jg5_8byvr_.jpg
    Your cup of joy......brimming and bubbling.......:cheers
    Wishing you many many years of beautiful bonding with your adorable little angel.......:)
    Looking forward to many more anecdotes of the "awesome twosome".........:coffee

2 people like this.
  7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congratulations dear Yuktivig............:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamla,

I apologize for giving the delayed response to your exclusive remarks for my entire journey in the snippet forum.

I hope you would excuse me once you go through my couple of justifications....!!!!!

I was cherishing each and every precious word of yours showering love and friendship onto me......
    I rushed to high five my cutie pie who made me worthy of this honor....Our partying time got longer than anticipated as we both were dancing together on the screen of face time in our IPADS.

Honestly I feel proud to be the member of this family tree of Indusladies.Everybody made me feel at home in short period of time.I found this website by accidentally browsing the Internet almost less than a year ago.Although it feels like I know all of you for ever.
    I must thank all the humorous writers here who energized me to write funny snippets.I would not have dared to write otherwise.

How could I exit without thanking racr and Satchi who (despite Satchi's exhausted quota and due to racr's spirit) considered my snippet worthy of nomination.I adore your love and friendship with full of my heart.

Love,
    Bhavna.

2 people like this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Dinny,Archie,Quebec,Viswa,Srama,Viji,Anitap,Satchi,Bhargavi,

You all have made me happy by your wonderful feedback and likes for my snippet.Now your warm compliments feel like icing on the cake for me.
    No wonder I feel at home here.
    Thank you all for your lovely words.

P.S Satchi I loved your Bouquet of flowers.

Bhargavi your cup of joy is so pleasant and refreshing.

Love,
    Bhavna

3 people like this.
  10. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Cheeniya Sir,

As you might assume that my inflated balloon seek no bounds in enlarging by your gracious comments for my snippet.Evidently it got punctured exactly the way I was afraid of.I hope you would understand how much time it takes to seal the puncture of the balloon.At least I have to be careful about my bones else I would be deprived of the fun playing around with my little angel.

Now I am all ready and do not desire to put off any moment of celebration for achieving honoring compliments from you.

Alas! you made my all efforts in vain to save the balloon from getting punctured AGAIN.....!!!!. I watched the ad from Surf Excel in You Tube.Certainly you conquered in amusing me and succeeded in puncturing the balloon as well.

Please be ensured that you are our mentor and I look up to you.I am trying to educate myself from your exquisite and outstanding sense of humor.

Thank you for your well wishes and blessings.

love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.