Finest Posts - May 2013 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Choose two winners, we did!:)

Like almost every month, in spite of every post that was nominated was loudly declaring to us that it is The Winner, we did choose just two as winners for this May! How do we do it is a riddle the answer to which even we do not seem to possess!! But, we can tell you this much that the writers of some of the posts help us...by default! Our regular and proficient writers have to be excused as they have already won several times, some have excused themselves from contests and therefore, the choice narrows down!
    Considering that, it still is a tough task to choose. But then, when a star among stars smiles at us with its twinkle, we catch it!

One star did not only twinkle, it also made us laugh so much and filled our hearts with all the positive and tender emotions that it seemed to engulf the whole arena and begged for the spotlight! That star is a lovely young woman at heart and her little grand daughter helped to fortify her claim to be the winner! Yes, you guessed it!

Finest Narration of the Month is Bhavnam6's 'Adorable Granddaughter With a Doting Grandmom'

Congratulations Bhavna!! :clap :clap

All those who visit our snippet forum must be by now aware of Bhavna's humorous take on life and times of Bhavna!:) She has introduced all of us to the incidents of her life starting from her marriage and even took us on her honeymoon! She is never afraid to make herself the butt end of her jokes! Now that a little adorable granddaughter has arrived in her life, as is her wont, she introduced us to the tiny tot who seems to share her grandma's love for laughter and we also learn what this very young and happy grandma is up to with her princess! Read it, it will put a big smile on your face and will capture your heart with its warmth!

Just as we approached the end of the month, lo behold, we have a very new addition to our family of 'Snippeteers'! What this member writes about is not a new topic for our IL. It has been discussed and analyzed from every angle! Yet, we can never have enough of it! This writer has presented her views in a forthright manner, no mincing words and her appeal to each and everyone of us, especially the women, is direct and abrupt -- and, we want to oblige at once--we feel the urge to shake out of our lethargy and go do just what she requests....yes, help that lady!

Finest Contribution for the Month of May is YuktiVig's 'Help Thy Lady!!'
    Congratulations YuktiVig!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

If I were in Yukti's shoes, I would feel like I have won the jackpot!! Why not? She has joined our forum only a month ago and this was her very first snippet! She writes with a flourish and her presentation is neat. With her simple but thought provoking words, she manages to motivate her readers. I am sure that we at IL can look forward to many more snippets and blogs from her. A truly welcome addition to the family of IL! :thumbsup

Links to the Winning Posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-adorable-granddaughter-doting-grand-mom.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/218863-help-thy-lady.html

It is our turn now to thank Racr and RGSrinivasan for our winners this month! They knew they had a winner on hand when they read these snippets! Congratulations to both of you for your acumen! :thumbsup :thumbsup

We request all the winners to send in their mailing details to the email Id below so your gifts can be sent to you!

Please write to:
    contest@indusladies.com

With love,
    FP Team

11 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Bhavna and Yukti!!! :clap:

Racr and rgs.....awesome job of nominating those threads!!!!

3 people like this.
  3. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Bhavna and YuktiVig!!!! Both awesome posts, keep us entertained with such writings!

P. S - Great spotting by Racr and Rgs

3 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends,

So we have come through the month of May. A month which was richly adorned with plenty of nominations. The count crossed forty nominations and needless to inform you that all of them were worthy posts.:thumbsup

Needless because it was you who made FP a rocking place with your nominations! Till now, we have been honoring and admiring the posters which is only fair as they provide us with interesting posts and some food for thought. This month though,the thought was to honor those of you who brought these posts to everyone's notice by nominating them!:bowdown
    For, without you, there is no FP of the Month! What good is it to cook a delicious meal if there is no one to eat it and enjoy it and praise the cook? :)

First name that comes to me is our first lady Iyerviji! The way she makes it a point to give the first feedback to a post or the speed with which she races to FP forum to be the first one to nominate is simply first class!
    Satchidananda has no equals when she writes! Not a single month goes by where she does not use up her quota of nominations!

(It is another matter how both Iyerviji and Satchidananda sneak in more posts to our columns than they should....!!)
    Recently, Quebec has been competing with Iyerviji to be the first one to bring in his nominations! He is known to choose posts from a wide spectrum of our sub-forums.

Racr is another patron of FP, who comes in without fail with her choice pick. She too chooses posts from a wide range of sub-forums of IL when most tend to favor the snippets and story forums.

Anandchitra, Upfsabari and Arunarc never forget to bring in their favorite posts to FP. Aruna often favors the Story forum and if her nomination comes in at the end of the month, we burn the mid-night oil to go through the many chapters of the serials that she nominates!:coffee Upfsabari has her choice pick and Anandchitra's nominations are as interesting as the posts she writes.

Srama, Kkrish, and Arch are themselves prolific writers and when they nominate, we know that they know!!! All excellent posts!
    Knbg, Mindian and Bhavnam, they breeze in and nominate posts which adds to the fresh air that we so much love to breathe in.

Kamalji, Balajee and RGS make it a point to bring in their favorites too and how we love them! Especially, who can resist RGS's nominating verses?
    When Viswamitra and Shyamala come in, we know there is a spiritual and mental therapy in store for us!
    Dinny,Anitap, Bhucat, Manjukps and Pallavi never fail to remember FP forum when something fine captures them!
    Bubblygal and 6teenpearls do add bubbles and pearls to our FP forum making it a party! :)

Helpmeangel, Happy2013, Angellic and DoesntMatter are all still new on the scene and we would love to get familiar with them. It Does Matter!
    And then there is Uttaraa, a polymath (of English language!) and don't we run to the dictionaries when she appears?!

I am more than sure that I have missed out on many of our members who nominate frequently and help to make this a rocking forum! I sincerely hope they will excuse me, I do suffer from a poor memory! Besides, the list would make this a never ending post! I request those whom I have missed to mention to write in and make sure your presence is felt! :hiya
    After all, I did mention that FP forum belongs to our patrons and I mean it.:)

Some of our members are so eager to nominate their favorite posts that they exhaust their quota of four within the first few days of opening a nomination thread!!:bonk I wonder how painful it must be for these enthusiasts to wait a month long before they can come in with their next nomination?? My sincere advice would be to be patient and nominate one post each week so you don't miss out on a brilliant post that may appear in the latter half of the month. Also the tendency is to favor the 'Good to Read' forums. Lately, thanks to discerning members like Srama, Quebec and Racr, other forums too are gaining more attention.

I know that some of you want us to raise the quota of four and my kind partner Cheeniyasir has a penchant to succumb to their sweet implores!!:notthatway: Increasing the quota makes no difference really as ultimately, Only Two posts are chosen as winners. Hence, we would rather that All of you share the burden of making that choice!! You know how tough it is to choose two from the best of bests, so why make it even more tougher on us??!!:eek:mg:
    So, with that said, I take leave and we will meet again at the next 'awards function'!:rotfl

L, Kamla

13 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hey Kamla .....thanks!!!

Hihihihi...that ones definitely for me :lol: but this month i am smarter ....i still have one more to go :biggrin2:
    And thanks for that advice Kamla ....from next month i will make sure i dont exhaust my quota so soon :)

IL rocks

:party:

2 people like this.
  6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Congrats bhavna and yuktivig......

Such excellent writing.........!!!

Racr and RGS ........ Eagle eyes who locate thetalent that finally wins the prize........ Kudos.....!!!

3 people like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Congrats Bhavna and YutiVig and thanks to RGS and racr for identifying those gems.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Congratulations Bhavna and Yuktivig. congratulations RGS and racr for bringing us thé winning posts.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Bhavna and Yukti for winning and RACR and RGS for nomination, worthy nominations

Kamla dear thanks for the sweet message. Glad that I am able to come here first sometimes . I think I should get a special award for being the first lady isnt it? :). Iwas waiting to know about the winners of this month but I came late to read it. Here I could not be the first.

2 people like this.
  10. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to both the winners. Well deserved :clap :clap

1 person likes this.