Finest Posts - March 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear IL Members,

I can’t believe a whole month disappeared so quickly. Even though February is 2-3 days less than a normal month, it feels like it got over even faster! Let me take this opportunity to thank those who heeded to my request by increasing the number of nominations towards the end of the month. March is the third month of the year in both the Julian and Gregorian calendars. In the Northern Hemisphere, the meteorological beginning of spring occurs today. The March equinox on the 20th and 21st marks the astronomical beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and the beginning of autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.

In Mexico, they celebrate Noche De Brujas on first Friday of March. If witches and wizards have a spiritual home it may well be the Mexican town of Catemaco, a pretty place on the shore of Laguna Catemaco considered the center of Mexico’s witchcraft and witch-doctor industry. The most boisterous of Hindu festivals, Holi waves goodbye to winter and welcomes in spring in a rainbow of colors. Five days around March 17th is the celebration of St Patrick’s festival in Dublin, Ireland. Wherever in the world there is a Plastic Paddy, there is a St Patrick’s Day festival with green beer, blarney and craic. Be prepared to wear green to work on that day. Crucifixion Re-Enactment happens in Barangay San Pedro Cutud, San Fernando, Philippines on Good Friday. If you thought Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ was uncomfortably graphic, spend a passionate Good Friday in the Luzon city of San Fernando and you will think it was The Sound of Music.

Let me end my musings here with my favorite request. Please nominate when you find a very interesting thread in IL no matter where it is located. Please make sure you link the thread properly so that many ILites can read and enjoy. If you have doubts, please read the instructions below. Please note that FP section is frequently visited by ILites and your nomination would help others to read the thread you enjoyed the most. Let us begin the celebration of the best threads here for the month of March 2017.

Viswa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating Feedback, please remember to add a link to the feedback post and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the Feedback post that you are nominating:
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?"

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa

Surprising noone has nominated yet, so I got an opportunity to post my first nomination. It's @Agatha83's posthttp://indusladies.com/community/threads/harmonica-with-no-harmony.299666/#post-3947182

Agatha83 likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for nominating the post of @Agatha83's thread Harmonica With No Harmony. As she keeps writing more and more threads, we come to know more about her extraordinary skills. She is a great writer, a patient daughter taking good care of her mother, a great observer of the ordinary beings doing extraordinary things, music lover and many more.

The children who are given the motivation to do something do extraordinary things and unfortunately, the time when we all grew up, we didn't have that kind of motivation that present generation of children get from their parents. Her thread recalls her memories of what she missed due to lack of motivation. Who know what each one of us are destined to do? Did you ever dream until a few years back, you would be producing so many necklaces? May be Agatha will be doing something soon that she never thought she had an inclination.

I have already responded to her thread.

Viswa

iyerviji and Agatha83 like this.
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Thank you for nominating my thread 'Harmonica with no harmony ' which was just a reflection of my nostalgic musings. Even now I don't think it deserves a nomination, but still coming from my revered friend, I respect your choice!

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

For once in my life, I find people like you in IL, who are highly motivating and appreciative of my writing, for which I thank God. Otherwise my grey cells would be rusting, with me loathing in self pity. In our lives, destiny has carved a path we deserve, for each of us, and we should be happy for the small mercies God has bestowed upon us. Looking at my mother suffering is a miserable experience for me and writing about something in this column, takes off my mind from the drudgery and gives me immense relief. Thanks a lot for your kind words.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true she is very talented and a loving and caring Daughter. To take care of old people requires lot of patience which she has a lot. Yes Viswa dear I never dreamt that I will be able to keep myself busy with chain making and give to so many people , its God's blessings and elder's blessings and good wishes of my friends who motivate and encourage me. I wish Agatha all the best

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Its my pleasure Agatha dear. When I read your thread that time itself I wanted to nominate but was busy with my jewellery making . I have told you earlier also that your writings are very good and it should come here for nomination.

8. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

I loved this post by Rajeni and I would like to nominate it. Last time I was alittle to late :)
    Regards, Lakshmi Bhat
    A Family Of Friends!!

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

@LakshmiKMBhat

Thank you for nominating Rajeni's thread A Family Of Friends!!. This thread has already been nominated in February by @Amica, @Balajee and @stayblessed. Since this thread has not won the FP last month, it is still eligible to be nominated this month as well.

As I have mentioned earlier, in the world where own brothers and sisters don't get along well, this kind of relationships makes us feel that humanity still exists. Even after a small difference that prevailed over many years, the affection these two families had embedded in their system is remarkable. These two families are example for others how to build relationships.

Viswa

Amica and LakshmiKMBhat like this.
  10. Husseini

Husseini New IL'ite

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.