Finest Posts - March 2014 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

As I sat marshalling my thoughts to prepare my announcement of FP winners for March 2014, a splinter thought struck me about how credible my thoughts were in this matter or to put it in another way, how the Winner announcements made by me were perceived by the members as I have no means to gauge it at any point of time. As it stands, the nominations to FP are evaluated on our own parameters and eventually, the entry that we like the best emerges as the winner. The procedure has been working well and I have not heard any reservation about it from any quarters. That could be even due to our seniority and experience in the site!

With these thoughts tugging at my aging mind, I just wondered if I should employ a different procedure this month to decide on the winners. Vox populi, vox Dei is a slogan we are all familiar with. The voice of the people is the voice of God is what it means in simple English. You will be hearing this very often during the Lok Sabha elections. The winning parties will be attributing their success to the positive vibe that they enjoy with the people. The losing parties will accept it as ‘makkal theerpu, Mahesan theerpu’ (The people’s verdict is the verdict of the Almighty). This is the time when the vox populi will eventually rule the country!

So I want to go the same route to pry out the Winners this month. I divided the 15 entries into two groups for the selection of the Finest Narration and the Finest Contribution. The entries in each group were ranked on the basis of the number of views of each entry, the FBs received by it with the responses of OP and the total ‘Likes’. As you will agree, views certainly represent the popularity of the thread, ‘Likes’ are indicative of the likability of the content and the responses denote the interest generated by the topic. Variable marks were given to each of these three parameters, the least going to the views and the maximum to the discussions with the ‘Likes’ staying midway. Entries were ranked on the basis of the aggregate marks received. The Winners were selected on the basis of the ranks.

I have pleasure in announcing that
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...ur-virtual-sai-mandhir-il-20.html#post3170111
    started by Saisakthi emerges as the clear winner in the Finest Contribution. Our hearty congratulations to Saisakthi for her stupendous efforts to keep our community of IL in a bond of love and divinity! Our congratulations also go to rajinitk4 for nominating this Winning entry!

It is with equal pleasure that I announce Viswa’s
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...on/248601-we-destined-do-certain-actions.html
    and priya4raj’s
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/249153-letter-to-a-brother.html
    as joint winners of the Finest Narration. It is amazing that these two entries, one written by a veteran and the other by a rookie were tied in all respects which even a Third Umpire could not sort out! They both talk of relationship but entirely on different premises. Viswa talks of a son’s duty to his parents versus the world. Priya longs for the love of an elder brother. My congratulations to both and the three nominators, Iyerviji, RGS and Meril! This is the first time that Joint Winners are announced. This is our ninth year and we are in a celebratory mood! I am sure that Malathy and Jey would only be too happy to join in the fun!

All winners, please send your address along with pin codes,contact numbers and usernames to:
    contest@indusladies.com

Your FP Team

12 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:wow A winning entry in March 2014, glad to be here first,

Thanks to Sayee for all the actions and doings, the success is all yours and the efforts are Sister Saras' and the Nomination thought was through Sister rajinitk4, prayer contribution is the effort of all Sisters in IL/ Sai family.

Thanks to Brother Sri and Sister kamla, the FP Team, and of course to Brother Jey and Sister Malathy for this wonderful IL

We are all proud to be here in this virtual family serving each other.

[​IMG] all.

SAIRAM

6 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations Saisakthi, Viswa sir and Priya4raj! Awesome contributions and write ups. Congratulations to all the nominators too!

Happy Ugadi everyone!

4. Saisakthi

Brother Sri, Sister Kamla & Sisters,

The above quote was the Baba's message for me, which I got through the shortlisting/winner announcement and was happy to have been shortlisted though it was a Year long thread and the fag end Sister knbg wanted to nominate in Nov 2013 before she had relocated

Brother Sri, guess from your thoughts that this was the first time you adopted the above procedure (for me it is Baba's sport ) and chose the Virtual Sai Mandhir at IL - a prayer house declared as WINNER.

Here again It relates to my real life too, Baba has reassured and sends a message that our project is almost reaching the winning edge and the minor slips should not really shake as they are just test of 100% faith, Thanks to Sayee for the message through you. I am overwhelmed.

I have been in IL for four years now, since then spreading messages of Baba, started Prayers thread just after a year and Parayan threads after two years, to serve family members better, readily accepted to be a Religious Forum Moderator.

There are actually no posts from me worth Nomination, surprised when Sisters Knbg/Racr nominated the 2013 Parayan thread when I didn't even no that threads from other forum finds place in FP, Again this was Sister Rajinitk4's second attempt of my threads, We always win clearly after successful tests Sister Rajinitk4.

:thankyou2: Sisters Knbg, Racr, Rajinitk4. SAIRAM

4 people like this.
  5. Saisakthi

:thankyou2: Sister Srama. Sairam,

Reciprocate your wishes for UGADI

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sai, Viswa and Priya , a worthy win. Also congratulations to Rajini, RGS and Meril for nominating

2 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear sister Saisakthi!

Congratulations. Its an absolute pleasure to wish you and see you as a winner! But it does not surprise me as you are especially blessed by the Baba Himself !

I am touched by all your responses here. Your every sentence is filled with love and trust in Him. I pray that he also blesses me with this unquestioning belief in Him!

Congrats to Racr, Knbg and Rajinitk4 for nominating the winner!!

All the best!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,

Congratulations on your win!!

Knowing you, I am sure you write what is close to your heart not thinking about the responses and likes it evokes. But then, when there is a good thing, everyone recognizes it!

Vijima will be the first to agree with me and congrats to her too!

All the best to you!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya4raj,

Congratulations!

Though still relatively new on the scene, looks like you are trending these days in IL!! I have enjoyed reading your posts! Keep up the good work.

Thanks to RGS and Meril for giving your post its due!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Now, how do I go about explaining how much I like your presentation of the winners? If you ever conduct a course to teach the art of writing, you should know that I will be the first candidate!

You went about elaborating on the art of selection, a pretty complicated process as far as I am concerned. But reading the way you put it made it sound like a cake walk! The temptation to let you do this every month is just too great! The thought of disappearing totally from the memory of our precious IL'tes is the only incentive that keeps me going, albeit in your shadow!

Enjoyed this super announcement and a Happy Ugadi to you and family!

L, Kamla

6 people like this.