Finest Posts- March 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Whenever you visit this forum, it is enriched! Thank you for not one, but two very precious nominations.

We all know about Vidya. She posts only rarely some of her excellent thoughts and essays and has us thirsting for more and more. When she starts writing, it is as though prose takes on a new and fresh charm altogether.

After seeing your nomination, I read Ansh's Act of Kindness...It moved me to tears, simply put.

Thanks for keeping a watch out for the best of the lot and bringing them here.

L, Kamla

4. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Dear Judges,

I would like to nominate this post written by malspie.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-stories/21970-lost-identity.html#post250796

The simple way of narrating an important message has always been the crown of Malspie. Her posts are worth reading and who would not like a gift like this for WOMANS DAY. Her post as usual must be the tale of millions of houses across the globe. BowBow How can you be so close to human mind?

Thank you all.

5. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/21772-the-blessed-supportive-force.html

I have nominated this thread written by Ramya Vardarajan. The blessed supportive force here is her father and it can be anybody in life for that matter. A support, a word of encouragement, is all that we want to reach our goal. We do it to ourselves many times and encourage and nourish our dreams. She has written so well. This post is enriched with love and affection for her father.

6. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Kamalji for the nomination

You liked my post that's worth an award for me.

Dear Kamala Ma'am

Thanks for your kind words.I am honoured .

Warm Regards
    Ansh

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  7. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

Today on oocassion of women's day , i have the pleasure of nominating Sunkan Ma'am post "Women's day contest".

I read the post on the very day, it was posted. I was so dumbstuck by the description of her foster mother(who meant much more than her biological mother), that I just couldn't write anything.

I was also disturbed by the plight of biological mother and the emotional turmoil of a child who comes to know that the person whom she considers her mother is not the one who has given birth to her.

Through her write up she has brought forward the "Never say die" spirit of an Indian lady, who inspite of being from a different culture and language, who inspite of being ill-treated by her MIL does not succumb and when sent to farm house gives an example of determination and fends for herself.

I wanted to nominate a post on women's day for a women by a women today i.e. on Women's day

Best wishes
    Ansh

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ansh,

Thank you for nominating Sunkan's post.

Not only did you nominate, but you waited for the apt occasion to nominate an apt post for this Woman's Day. Our Indusladies is a special site because of women like you.

Sunkan writes an amazing post which goes to prove that life is more interesting than fiction

L, Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lotus,

Let me hurry to thank you profusely for not one, but two very interesting nominations.

Malspie has been nominated time and again which goes to show the prowess of her writings. Anything by Malspie, one wants to rush and read it!

Ramya Varadharajan is budding into an impressive writer and I always feel that I have walked through a garden after reading her posts!

And you Lotus have been regular here bringing the pick of the lot, thanks for the same.

L, Kamla

10. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla and V24,

I would like to nominate Anand Chitra's Waiting on the Threshold poem.

Such a wonderful tribue to God and her husband. After reading her poem, i too felt the same.... God has sent DH to go one step closer to him , and i feel that it extends not only to the spouse, but to all our kids, the friends we have, every living and non living thing on this earth is here with the purpose that brings us closer to GOD ( okay may be the swamiji from HE is rubbing off on me:bowdown:bowdown)

So here's to AC and may she write more such gems from which we can all do some soul searching ourselves.

Vandhana