Finest Posts- March 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

We are into the third season of nominations for 2008. Let us make the mad month of March very meaningful and mystic with our nominations from the ocean of written words and thoughts in IL.

We have a few major announcements this month.

1) From March, you may nominate blogs also for the contest. So, extend your reading all thorough IL and nominate blogs and posts in the forums.

2) The winner of Finest Posts will get a special, snazzy gift.

3) The person nominating the winning post will also get a gift which will be an IL T-shirt. If more than one person nominate the same post, the first person nominating will be eligible for the T-shirt.

4) We also request the winner of the FP contest everymonth to update her/his signature with the clinching words 'Finest Posts-February winner'. We will also update our signatures with a link to this post.

If you have any suggestions, doubts, compliments (which we love), please write in this forum.

Keep em gushing,folks! The nominations for March Finest Post!

regards
    Kamla &Vidya

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,

You are our lucky first nomination. Thanks for kick starting March nominations with a different post. Ramya Varadharajan has a distinct style of writing. The content has strong technical overtones and the style is quite narrative. And she does choose out of ordinary topics and deals with them in a train of thought that is again unique. Since you have a way with words and verse, you have identified a winner here. Thanks again.

regards
    Vidya

4. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,

Nice to hear from you again. You are one of those members who constantly keep spotting the selective posts for FP, thank you for the same!
    True Vidhi, that is an innovative thread started by jpstar. It is refreshing to know that as a future sister-in-law, she has taken pains to assure the happiness in home front. Long live such sisters-in-law!!

L, Kamla

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear vidya,
    I am back after a long time.Really i missed this thread for two months.

I would like to nominate Cheeniya's "are you undecided whether to read this or not"

First of all i liked the subject in that thread,secondly ch.sir excellently portrayed the reality connected with the subject.

Thirdly it will be a support or moral boost(whatever to be said in words) to the readers who face difficulties in decision making.It is a major issue in day to day life which is to be discussed and shared,read by people.

That is all.If i keep continuing it would go on and on and on................

BC
    Link to the post:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...ing/21592-you-undecided-whether-read-not.html

Dear Bhargavi Chakravarthy,
    I have added the link here to Cheeniya's post. Adding links facilitates everyone to read the nomination. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2008
  7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

I am very happy to see you back here. You and Vidhi are two of our regulars and when you two were away for sometime, we really missed you. Nice to see both of you back. Yes, Cheeniyasir's post is so decisive. And only he can write with such conviction and humour. Writers like Cheeniyasir, members like you and Vidhi- you all make IL such a sweet force.

affly
    Vidya

8. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2008
  9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Tulasi,

Nice to see a nomination from you, thanks a million. Malspie is one of our livliest members who posts a lot and gets nominated a every month.She comes up with a wide range of posts from social awareness to personal quirkiness. This thread of hers is a masterpiece, deserves to be nominated, noticed, nutured with replies. Good that you spotted its potential.

regards
    Vidya

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear V24 and Kamla,
    I would like to nominate Ramya Varadharajan's thread The blessed supportive force as a FP for March 2008.It was a touching post and indeed a Tribute to her father.Being a daddy's darling myself, i could not help tears when i read the post, coz of my inablity to express my love for my dad thru' beautiful words like this.She has done it and deserves a FP nomination (again)