Finest Posts - June 2016 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2016.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Padma and Vani

padma0604 likes this.
  2. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you iyerviji garu !!!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Congratulations Padma and Vani!

padma0604 likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

padma0604 likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I was remembering you thinking where you have gone

Amica likes this.
  6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear FP Team,

I am truly happy that my nomination made it there. I will check how padma looks as IL adorns her with a ribbon. I am unhappy that Cheeniya didn't make it to the Hall of Ribbon, despite my struggle to elevate him. Like Bhishma, whom he disowns but for his "pratigya", forgetting thereby that Bhishma minus the "pratigya" resembles IL minus Cheeniya, he remains resolutely un-ribboned. Good for him, given the state of his scalp. He could have tied his beard of course with the ribbon, but the owl is likely to growl if he did so.

This does not mean that I disagree with FP Team as far as the other prize goes. I haven't read Vaniquest's post yet and will surely read it now. When I do so I will resemble a village idiot pursuing a celebrity. The world is full of such idiots who wait to find out from those who know, whom to praise and whom to ignore. I apologise for the state of my brain. Doctors told me that I am unlikely to recover.

I congratulate both winners and declare Cheeniya the ultimate example of self-effacement. But for his beard of course, assuming that he wears it even when he goes to sleep or refuses to give his wife a loving smile in return for her excellent coffee. Having had the pleasure of drinking her coffee, I will substitute for Cheeniya when I see them next. And since I don't wear a beard, real or false, my smile will not be invisible.

Long live IL!

oj

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    padma0604, Srama and iyerviji like this.
  7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations Padma and Vani.

Agatha83

padma0604 likes this.
  8. ojaantrik

Dear Vaniquest,

Congratualtions, not merely for winning the IL ribbon today, but more importantly for winning the battle of life. I marvelled as I read your post just now and agreed with you that a way can be found if there is a will. You have proved it beyond doubt and I am sure you will rise high in your chosen career.

As I was reading you, I remembered my own struggle a few years ago with website building. I had none of the IL problems you faced, but I did have a problem with myself. I was ashamed of my ignorance of so many things that were waiting there to be learnt. Since I had no training in IT, I had to train myself from the scratch. So I began reading books on website building and finally succeeded in building my own website. I didn't need to earn money from it of course, but I wanted to do something pretty. To my surprise, the website was noticed and people began to contribute posts to the site. Basically, I turned into a self-appointed e-zine editor.

I was already retired when I began and time was not an issue. Nor did I have IL difficulties at this age. So, I succeeded in creating a bilingual magazine. I realised later that I wanted to write too and the nitty-gritty of web designing was taking up too much time. I wound up my magazine and concentrated only on writing.

But I feel happy that I have some knowledge of web pages and their intricacies. At least, I do not feel scared when I come across html commands and use them quite often for my personal website, which I have rented from WordPress.

I wish you great success once again and I know that it is not an empty wish.

Congratulations! But I have said that already. As they say in Sanskrit: adhikantu na doshaya.

oj

VaniVyas and padma0604 like this.
  9. ojaantrik

Dear Padma06 etc.,

I told you so, didn't I? But then others told you so too. So, I will give them their due.

I have nothing further to add over my comment on your post itself.

Except that I am happy for you.

oj

padma0604 likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji, thank you! It's nice to be remembered. I am always so impressed by your caring and kindness.

Life got very busy so I took a virtual break and now I'm struggling to catch up. :)

kaniths and padma0604 like this.