Finest Posts- June 2013 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee
    When I saw your name in the index of the Finest Post Nominations, I could readily guess that it would be Kamal's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/222229-the-himalyan-tsunami.html
    Certain aspects of this colossal human tragedy that he has touched upon certainly require further deliberations. Incidentally the tongue in cheek manner in which you have nominated this thread is so very typical of you! I too subscribe to the view, if you get a chance to rub it in, do it straightaway!
    Sri

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Barghavi,
    Thanks for nominating my post, but I feel humbled as my writing is just a narration of conversation which took place between two virtual friends. I never thought anyone will nominate the post.
    Thanks once again,
    PS

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhargavi,

I am humbled and honored to know that my post Alignment was enriching and grateful to you for nominating it so that more ILites could read it. I am in complete agreement with you that every response to this post made this post more valuable.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am truly humbled and honored by your kind words. But in my opinion, the quality of responses I received to this post are more valuable than the post itself including the responses from Sabitha, yourself, Bhavna, Aspire and others. This type of discussions become very exciting when the members present their opinions just like cutting the diamond several times until it shines brilliantly.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Cheenia,
    I consider myself like a mole before a mountain when I read the posts of you and many new entrants who have joined IL . The fbs to certain posts are also too good and gives more pleasure to read.
    As you have said we are almost peers or I might be a bit older to you. Age is not important and only the knowledge a person possesses is more important. Hence I am very much embarrassed to see the suffix you added to my name.

PS

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Dear PS
    You richly deserve a 'Madam' for having covered all the 108 Divya Kshetrams including Mukthinath. Not everyone is as blessed as you are.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Balaji,

firstly thanks dear friend, for the one and only nomination.i am very happy, for i was not expecting any, rather i was expecting brickbats.HAHA

See in a way i was proved rigtht, when the papers say, this was waiting to happen, people built hotels on the shores, that too many went, they should have been limited as is done in other places, and then the horse owners too did not allow helicopters to alight two days before the floods, bcs the helicopters were harming their business.

So the helicopters went back without piocking up the passengers, and they too perished.

Also the papers said, later after i wrote the blog, that people under 15 and over 65 , shpould not be allowed, as also people should be checked medically. So people with asthama, diabeties, etc are suffering and dieing bcs of lack of medicines.

So the area is veyr primitive, but the faith is there, the risks are too many , but who can explain that to the people who have blind faith. As cheeniya said, let it be, i too say, go if u want, but be ready for the worst.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Dear All

The Nomination thread for June is now closed.

July 2013 Nomination thread is now open. Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

FP Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.