Finest Posts- July 2015 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear friends!

We at FP have spent the last few days going through the nominations of the month. Nothing new about it. We do that at the end of every month and set the stage for an exciting announcement. Only, this time around a doubt has been haunting the thoughts. Doubt about how exciting can a winner announcement get when the winners seem to be highly obvious to one and all!! One has to throw a glance at the ten contending posts...Okay, I shall retrieve the last line! None of the posts were contending! Each post was the result of a brilliant mind which knew how to pen the words so that it can go straight to the reader's heart and mind. How else can these posts land up in our nomination list otherwise?! That being so, when a member's write up appears not once but twice or more times in the same month, the candidate for the winning post is only all too obvious!
    Hence, though the job of selecting winners becomes easier, we are robbed of the suspense!

Whenever I read posts by this member, I realize that I cannot just read and set it aside to grab a cuppa! Instead, I grab a dictionary to make sure that what I read and understood is really what I understood!! What is written is riveting and arresting both in style and substance! Though no dilemma in choosing this member as the winner, I still have the problem of not armoring myself with some truly flowery and fancy words befitting to this member as I announce the name of the winner! Now you all know for sure who the winner is!!

Winner of the Finest Narration is Aria for her Curse of Morpheus and Unlimited, Free and Ad-lib!

Congratulations @Aria!
    friendssmiley

It has been a total pleasure to see you so active in the forum Aria in the recent days! You are known for your vocabulary and your unique way of expressions which sometime may go above and beyond our level of comprehension. But make no mistake, most of us are amazed and enjoy the way you wield the English language. I would give my right arm to spin a sentence like you which I have no doubt will throw the queen of England off her throne! Once again both your snippets spread quite a flutter in the Good to Read forum and was enjoyed by one and all. Hope the flow of your snippets continue!

Links:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/274472-curse-of-morpheus-3.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/274579-unlimited-free-and-ad-lib.html

What is the reason for our existence?
    How many of us are socially responsible and are willing to change our society?
    I belong to the generation X, do you?

Questions questions! Some questions to wake our sleeping conscience and shake them up to pay attention to the happenings in the world around us. Yes, there is action awaited from each one of us if we can only pay attention to the world around us! This member seems to have made it her business to think about such matters and contribute her thoughts to one and all. One never knows how a little seed sown will grow into action and serve a larger purpose?!

Winner of the Finest Contribution is Satchitananda who contributed THREE worthy snippets:
    Questions, Questions and more Questions!
    The Devil's Advocate
    GenX and the Brave New World

Congratulations @Satchitananda!!
    :cheers

You have been a very popular writer in Snippets for a very long time Satchi and still you manage to evoke the same amount of joy and interest with every one of your posts. Lacing your words with light humor, you are an expert in making us think and perhaps act upon reading your essays. You have a large number of fans here me being one of them no doubt. I am so happy to see you continue writing and spreading your optimism and thoughts amongst us IL'ites! Thank you!

Links:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...questions-and-more-questions.html#post3583014
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/parents-and-siblings/273701-the-devils-advocate.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/275035-genx-and-brave-new-world.html

Having enjoyed the write ups from Aria and Satchitananda, it will only be fair to thank the members who brought in their posts to FP .

Thank you Satchitananda and @Iyerviji for nominating Aria's posts to FP!
    Thanks also go to @Srama, Iyerviji and @Viswamitra for nominating Satchitananda's posts to FP of the Month!

We request both winners of the month and the four nominators to PM their usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so your gifts can find its way to you! Thank you.

Your FP Team

6 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

After reading the winning announcement, did you all think " given the restricted choice (only restricted in numbers!), the selection was generous (only in numbers!) !! Yes, from ten nominations, five got to be winners! :)))) Now that is unheard of in the FP history I admit !!!

What in the heavens prodded this outcome? For once, though the winners were five snippets, remember that the real winners were, as usual, just two writers! Going through their snippets and pouring over them, it was very difficult to decide which of the works were the very best. The style, presentation and treatment of their work were same for each of the writer. Given that, it made sense to bundle them together!!

Another departure from the norm we practice is choosing two well known and popular writers of our forum who have already been winners several times!! Though not often, this does happen at times. This time though, one big reason being there were very few nominations and the members came back again and again with the postings of the same writers!! Besides, it became difficult to look beyond the excellent work presented by our two very popular and gifted writers. The urge to appreciate their work once more with laurels was just too great to ignore!

Having said that, let us hope that talents like @Gitasharma and @IamLucky will humor us with many more of their writings and works in the days to come! As for @Balajee, @Viswamitra and last but not least @Srama...let's say quanitity won over this time!
    :)

Friends, please keep encouraging FP with all of your enthusiasm and good wishes. After all, what FP stands for is pure joy for appreciative readers and who can deny themselves the pleasure?!

Till the next time round...
    bie1

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla,

What a wonderful announcement of the winners!

Dear Aria & Satchi,

Congratulations on winning the finest narration and finest contribution for the month of July 2015. I also appreciate Aria's nomination of "Dark side of radish" written by Balajee. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as well.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Aria and satchi!
    The announcement of Madam kamla deserves accolades.
    Jayasala 42

4 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswa and MADAM Jayasala!

Viswa, I agree with you. Actually, we keep repeating that all nominated posts are winners. But award function must go on and it does!!

Jayasala, each and everytime I address you, I restrict my desire to call you madam or ma'm or ji or amma! You evoke a natural respect in me! In spite of it, I just address you by your name to maintain an informal and friendly attachment! I do address a couple of members with that respect note. I was not alert enough and it became a habit and didn't like to change it later. Maybe I am younger to you and surely not as wise as you! I shall appreciate if you can address me as just Kamla! But if you cannot, I am not going to make it difficult for you. I leave it to you!!

Thanks to both of you for the appreciative words!

L, Kamla

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir and Kamla,

W O W!!! That's all that comes to mind. To say I am overwhelmed would be an understatement of the year! Firstly getting a prize and then for all 3 contributions made this month!!! Who would imagine that in their wildest dreams?

The credit and my thanks go of course to all those who nominated the posts - @iyerviji, @Viswamitra and @Srama.

@Aria, heartiest congratulations for the well deserved win of both your posts. Every post of your is worth a nomination, not only for the language, but as I discovered through your responses, the unsuspected, unplumbed depths of your thoughts.

Once again, what a wonderful way to start the month. Thanks once again to both of you Cheeniya Sir and Kamla and a special thanks also to Vijima for calling me up to convey the news. :-D

4 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the good wishes @Viswamitra and JS Ma'am (@jayasala42) for the good wishes as well as for all the wonderful responses from both of you, which brings up the intrinsic worth of the OP.:-D

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamla

Awesome, awesome, awesome this month in FP forum everything awesome. Your awesome announcement. Awesome threads by awesome writers , awesome that not one but two threads of Aria and three threads of Satchi are awarded and last but not the least that one thread of Aria and one Thread of Satchi is nominated by me, so I am also a winner.

Appreciation can make a day…Even change a life…. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary…..Every day, genuinely tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them. And You will feel really Good about yourself….

Kamla dear your awesome announcement must have brought a smile of Aria and Satchi's face . I dont know whether Aria and Satchi are in cloud 9 but I am in cloud 9 because two of my nominations have won

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi and Aria

I was sure that Aria's post nominated by me will win but did not think that your post will win Satchi dear. I am feeling in Cloud 9 for both of you and also happy that the two winners post were nominated by me. Congrats to both of you , that calls for a party. Going to US is not possible for me, I think Aria can come over to India. As for Satchi , whenever I can go to Bangalore can get a party from her

@Satchi dear with all the health problems you are facing you always keep us happy with your awesome threads

Congratulations to Srama, Viswamitra too

4 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow my dear Anna, now I am in top of the world with your like , this is also awesome