Finest Posts - January 2014 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Another day, another time. One more new year, one more announcement with two more new winners! This wheel goes on and on and the variety of posts that we get to read never stops to amaze! There is Only One to thank for all this creativity..our Creator! The rainbow that is spread out for us to enjoy is immense and enthralling. We just have to stop and look and listen, which we so easily forget to do..Wonder why?

But then, one stopped to listen and see. She did not have to take on a long journey to do so. Nor did she spend a penny to buy entry to some exotic concert...Just at home, her own little abode and there unfolds the magic through the actions of her own little one! She knew then that this wonder need not end within her heart and four walls..Other wonders exist everywhere..if one only stops to listen and see....Hence, she wrote and asked everyone to share the magic even as she shared her own with us! What a pleasant and enjoyable and entertaining magic it turned out to be! Yes friends, she truly deserves our thanks for spreading the magic!

Winner of the Finest Contribution is Dinny for her thread 'Funny things kids say and do'!

Congratulations Dinny!!:2thumbsup:

Little children are God's precious angels. The innocence and the freshness of their observations is something that always brings joy to our hearts and puts a smile on our faces. Innovative as she is, Dinny wrote about her little one and asked others to share their stories about their little ones. The thread is rocking for more than a year now. Are you feeling down? Do you want a little joy ride into a sunny land? Do go through the thread and you will not want to stop reading!

=============================

Children! They put a big smile on our faces, melt our hearts with their baby talk and innocence! But, they can also turn our world topsy turvy! Any mother and many fathers can vouch for that!!!! As much as we want them and consider them to be our own extension and cannot live without them, living with them too can become a chore! "You need a whole village to raise a child"! That being so, today's mom has no village to reach out to, so she often gives up her job rather and is this happy stay at home mom for the most part. But then, the sky falls on her head and the walls close in and there is this heavy cloud that seems to hover around her...Then she writes. And how?!! That is the woman we catch a glimpse of in the lucidly written snippet!

Winner of Finest Narration is SD 2713 for her 'Life in a Shell'!

Congratulations SD 2713!! :cool2:

Relatively new writer in our snippet section and yet she at once captured our imagination with her writing. Every woman who reads that snippet could recognize that gloomy instance and the passing cloud! All of us have experienced a sudden dip in the spirits and know what it is when the house ceases to be the home it should be. It is a passing phase of course, an occasional truancy of our spirits and energy. SD captures that fleeting melancholy with her words. Hope to read more of your snippets SD!

We request both the winners to share their contact information such as addresses, contact numbers, pin code and user name at the below ID so your gifts can be dispatched to you:
    contest@indusladies.com

Your FP Team

Links to the winning posts :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/209014-funny-things-kids-say-do.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/244234-life-in-a-shell.html#post3121292

11 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I have the pleasure of introducing another happening winner to all of you...Racr!!

She is true supporter of our FP forum! Besides, this month, the credit of nominating BOTH the winners of the month goes to her!

Racr, looks like we have to give you a special gift!!
    I need not add that you too should send your contact details to IL_Admin ID given as above! Congratulations!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    7 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Kamla & Brother Cheeniya

:hatsoff: to your tireless readings and announcements, May this untiring selection bring out many writers and their contribution.

CONGRATS Sister DINNY and Sister SD2713.

:thankyou2: Brother Jey and Sister Malathy for this wonderful IL family

SAIRAM

3 people like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Dinny! Your thread cracks me up each time I browse the section. I love our petite ILites ;)

Congrats SD! I haven't read your snippet so far but Kamla's description has piqued my interest. Let me run to the snippets section to give it a quick read!

2 people like this.
  5. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Hearty Congrats Racr sister.

Regards,
    Viji.

2 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Going through the nomination list, I remembered feeling that the FP forum was not bustling with activity this January. But as I browsed through the list, I was left in awe. Twenty solid nominations! A little wanting in quantity I guess, but it makes up in quality! Is that not what we always looked for? Quality of a post must be the deciding factor and the numbers really don't matter! May be the message got through and every one of our patrons gave a deep thought and did their own sorting out and choosing before they brought in their favorite posts to nominate. Great show indeed!

New year nominations started off with a more than two year old post where
    Anukarsha shares her mantra for working woman! Old is gold after all! Ojaantrik takes a trip to Chennai and enthralls us with his inputs which goes to prove why Cheeniyasir is worthy of the admiration he receives here. But then, Pallavi goes one step further and starts a thread so everyone who admires someone in IL can have a field day mentioning their favorites! RGS lets us know how we have to see our cup half full while Viswamitra shares some gyan about powers of meditation and chants and Satchitananda delves into the powers of education and literacy. Pretty good start for a new year!

Vidya2606, Dinny and SD2713 contemplate on kids, kids' behavior and home while Sandhyavijesh decides to make the cutest crochet creations for the little ones! Angellic makes it clear how a little one can spread joy. Well, what can beat the charm of an innocent cute kid?

KamalaKkrish and Viswamitra add their valuable inputs on the Mother-in-law situation in our families while Roshni's thoughts on NRI kids still keeps readers engaged. As we sink into a deep thought on reading Angellic's views on attachment, we get to flee from the real world reading DSMenon's serialized thriller story! Even as we enjoy Lakshminarayansir's take on our noisy India, we cannot help but smile pretty after going through all the potions in Maddy's thread on home made beauty products and beauty tips!

Any wonder that I sit back and smile now while my skin enjoys a healthy glow??!! Not a bad deal at all!

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Racr,

Oh :wow I was wondering what made me pull here, Yes got it now, just to wish my Sister Racr first.

Thank You Sayee, for proving right that my sister always outshines, but still not unearthed her own potential, now every move proves and makes her stronger.

Will surely drop in asking you for a BIG TREAT Sister, keep your doors of yourself open, Thank You

SAIRAM

3 people like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Dinny and SD2713!
    And congrats to Racr for identifying the winners!
    well deserved.

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations dinny and SD....loved both your posts.

Dear Kamla what a wonderful announcement. Enjoyed every word in all the three announcing posts.

And racr dear you go girl. Happy for you.

3 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Congratulations Dinny my virtual daughter, though I am not your own mother I felt happy that my virtual daughter has got the award and felt as if I got an award and that too for sharing about kids who are my heart and soul, a worthy nomination .

Congratulations SD , though you are new to the forum you made it to the finest post forum. Waiting to read more of your snippets

RACR wow two posts of your getting the award, a good start for the New year, you always come up with best nominations . Hats off to you

Kamla congratulations to you also for the wonderful write up , what a way of announcing the finest posts , hats off to you. I think you and my brother also should be awarded for being the Role Model for of us. Words are short to express my feelings.

God bless you all and fulfill all your wishe sin the New Year

2 people like this.