Finest Posts - January 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Designs-for-Kids.-Happy-New-Year-2014-n-4.jpg

Dear friends,

A Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2014 to all of you from your FP Team!

2014!! Really?! It seems like it was only very recently that we were jubilant welcoming the New Millennium and now it is 2014 ?!?

We have crossed many predictions of apocalyptic events, recessions, revolts, terrorist attacks and other horrific happenings around the world and still trudging forth with hope and optimism for a better future which is more peaceful and more prosperous. The many fireworks all over the world lighting up the tallest towers, river banks, shores and stadiums to welcome every new year is a testimony for the ever hopeful people of our beautiful earth! Not to forget the testimonies such as the Google's emergence and Social Network websites which have made huge strides in this millennium! Goes to prove that mankind is unstoppable and will always strive to achieve a dream...

With that positive thought, let us all cheer and welcome another Happy New Year!

As we enter 2014, let us look forward to more growth in IL in every positive direction. Let our wonderful community prosper and grow. Let the posts that get nominated to our FP forum mirror the lovely thoughts, positive inputs, sensible advice, wisdom, love and above all humor that is brought into our midst by our members in each and every forum and sub-forum of our website. :yes:

As always, we are looking forward to an even more active and enthusiastic participation by our members in our FP forum this coming new year! Keep the show going friends - - - the more you write and the more you nominate, the merrier it is!

Here with, the brand new thread for a brand new January 2014 is declaredopen!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Your FP Team.

4 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

You both are like stars shining in the sky
    I start my New Year with special people like you
    Wish you and everyone in IL a very Happy New year
    May God bless everyone and fulfill their wishes in 2014

My first Nomination for January 2014 is Anukarsha's
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/150434-success-mantra-for-working-women-5.html. I do not know whether this thread was nominated earlier. Her success Mantras willbe very useful for working women. Since I have also worked for 38 years can understand how difficult it is to manage work and home especially after marriage

3 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir and Kamla,

Here is Satchi's soul searching question http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...mpowrment-illiteracy-vulnerability-think.html. I feel every man and woman should read this post to understand the social evil that was happening for years. It is difficult to understand the root cause of that problem as there are so many hidden facts in these situations. However, there is a change needed and unless someone writes about it boldly like Satchi, who can bell the cat?

Viswa

3 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Cheeniya sir,

Wishing both of you and everyone here a very festive season and a Happy New Year.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

Dear Vishwamitra,

Thanks a lot for the nomination! What a wonderful start to my year!

6. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla ma'am,

This is a reply to the post addressed to me in the Dec thread. Its closed now,so can't reply there. I just wanted to thank you for your lovely words..made my day! I cannot write that well,so the least I can do is appreciate and encourage those who do!

HAVE A GREAT 2014 !

2 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Thank you for your lovely compliments. Such words are truly encouraging. All the same, let me remind you that you are the Polar star on our IL sky!!

Thank you for making the auspicious opening of this new thread for the new year! I am now convinced that FP is going to swing in this new year too with your first post!!

Thanks for nominating Anukarsha's popular thread, old is indeed gold :) By refreshing it, you have helped to bring it to the attention of those who may have missed it.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,

Nice to see your nomination following close after Vijima's. Noting that the nomination is for a post by Satchitananda makes me even more happy! Satchi is a favorite of many and I always enjoy everything that she writes. That her post is in the first nomination list of the new year is truly befitting!

I am yet to read this snippet and going by your words I am sure she is at her informative best!

Thanks for this nomination.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Racr,

It will be correct to say that you have made my day with this!

You are under estimating yourself! I am sure you will be able to write as well as any here! Just try!,

l, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Having waited so long for the low down, how can I haul my po off this forum without bringing a po-fully hilarious description of our friend Po-Jda about his arrival in Po-land to the notice of all our friends here?

[h=2]oj in po-land -- Prologue[/h]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.