Finest Posts - January 2010 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji and Oj san,
    I thank & appreciate both of you for nominating me.
    KM ji your humor and down to earth thoughts always impressed me while OJ san ! i admire your style and language capabilities.
    Yes ! i agree with you that i am influenced by Cheeniya a lot and i am so happy you noted it.
    As to structure of the composition, i don't keep a basic skeleton, but i suppose i don't digress much. But your analysis what i like, and i want some humor so that there is smile in the lips of the reader. Language is not my forte, wish i was strong in this aspect.
    Thank you once again and praise coming from eminent writer is an inspiration for me to write , winning is another story.
    Jaya

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Kamla,

I would like to nominate Jaya's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/81985-cape-capers.html as my first nomination for the finest narration of the month.

I tried hard to resist nominating it so that it does look like mutual exchange nomination policy.Now seeing Kamlaji and OJ as the forerunners , I gleefully nominate this post.A magnificent materpiece that Jaya has treated us all to.

Saying finest is underrating it .To me it is a an exemplary style of writing showcasing the mastery that Jaya has displayed.There is not a single sentence which is not entertaining , wishing the user to skip.Every bit of her post sends the reader into a rapture ,relishing the beautifully worded ramble.

I love this trait of Jaya and am a big fan of this style of writing which only a handful in IL are capable of.To write in a rambling manner yet so thoughtful and mesmerizing that you do not care what it started of as.You are so filled with pleasure by the time you finish reading ;unbelievable that so many fast paced thoughts can be summed up such exquisitely.

I am glad to nominate this under the category[finest narration] which Jaya has excelled long back and her posts now will not only enthrall the old -timers but make the newcomers aware of her ensconced lofty position among the IL literrati.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

The pleasure is all mine. I accept your excellently worded nomination of Jaya's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/81985-cape-capers.html#post1005856 with equal glee!

L, Kamla

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jay,

I was not aware of your nomination till kamala stepped in to inform me..thanks a lot dear ..your appreciation means a lot to me...and you are really impulsive...you have finished all your nominations within the first week? jay, another charecteristic that i find endearing about you :)

i am extremely happy with all the adulation you are receiving for your new post..you truly deserve it ...:thumbsup:thumbsup

dear kams

please do NOT laugh at me...i realized too late last month that i never thanked kamalji for his nominations..may i please amend my mistake here...KAMALJI..HOPE YOU SEE THIS... A HUGE THANKS FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT...there,i feel better now :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Wlecome, and thank for this mail.Friendship means never haing to say sorry, so it s ok, i liked yr blog and nominated, may u win more and more niominations.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi,

I did not laugh, I sure did smile! This is Your forum and you can come in whenever you like, especially, if you are spreading such good will!

L, Kamla

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear friends,

I wish each and everyone of you and your's a very Happy Pongal/Sankranthi/Lohri!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.