Finest Posts - January 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aarushri,

Thank u so much for nominating my blog Golden Oldies.Im Touched.Thanks and regards.kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Soaring Spirits,

You have made my spirits soar, and thanks for nominating my blog " Taare Zameen Pe".I wanted to write about the movie, but as i started to write, the childhood thoughts just started to come, and i just typed what came instantly.

Thanks once again.Regards.kamal

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala and Vidhya,
    I was reading this thread on java's problems on How to make my DH realise that i am hurting! It was so well analysed and discussed and advised. I would like to recommend SOARING SPIRITS well thought out reply . It is really an eye opener and shows a lot of maturity! And i could see that between Ria and SS they have convinced Java how to go ahead with her life! Great Job! I am postingthe link....since this is my first time in nominationg, i hope i am doing i´tthe right way!
    Thanks.....i usually look up this thread to catch up with all the lovely posts!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/me-and-my-spouse/19077-how-make-my-dh-realise.html

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sudha for the nomination. It means a lot to know that all of you friends at IL think the suggestions were worth a good read. Thanks once again.

Aarushi, let me Thank You once again (in public this time :)! ) for nominating my other post on Financial v/s Emotional independence. Thanks for appreciating my views and my writing.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
    SS

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sudha,

A huge welcome to this thread. True, we have never seen you here before and I am glad that you have now changed that and hope you are often here nominating your pick.
    Soaringspirit has been sharing her gems of advice aplenty lately. I too am an admirer of her words and those of Ria's. Thanks for bringing them to everyone's notice, all can only profit by them.
    Thanks again for your nomination and hope to see you here regularly:)

L, Kamla

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac, thanks for the nomination. Only earlier today, I started wondering if everyone has forgotten to mention their favorites here?! And promptly comes a nomination from you.
    I read Srivatsa's take on old age and am impressed. Times change and we too should along with it.

L, Kamla

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c.../19760-there-is-no-room-grief.html#post219156

Hi,

I would like to nominate the above thread... I want all I'Lites to read this thread and knock off grief from their life.. Instead of wailing and weeping, lets make our life more cheerful. Life is the most precious gift of God and we should know how to treasure each day of Life.. Do not waste it in petty things and definitely do not brood and spend it in grief...
    Do step in to the thread mentioned above and add fragrance to your life...

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya,

Here in our place January is not yet over.

I love to nominate Shanvy's poem "Always Being There..." for the Finest Post of January, 2008.

The poem is simply written but conveys a lot. The poetess apart from expressing her husband's love also talks about how they have to live timezones away, in two different countries. The love is soft and the sadness very beautifully expressed.

Reading that poem has been an profound experience for me. I sincerely hope the experience will be the same for you and all the ILites.

love,

The link to the poem:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-poems/19866-always-being-there.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  10. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Thank you anandaChitra for nominating my post and kamla for the appreciation. It is truly an encouragement for me to be more active as part of IL.

Regards
    Sri