Finest Posts - January 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aarushi,

Thanks for nominating another lovely post.
    I agree that Kamalji writes very interesting and thoughtful posts. This particular one was also nominated for December and was a very strong contender for the winning post.
    The fact that it has occupied a special place in our hearts and is being nominated again only goes to show how impressive this article is.
    Thanks Aarushi.

L, Kamla

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate Venonimiss's post in "On completion of my parent's 25 years of Wedding".

In today's world, very few of us find the time to express our love in a meaningful and sincere way...as venonimiss has done. I loved every aspect of her post...

...the idea
    ...the content of the letter and
    ...the writing style

Truly amazing parents, I must add.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Jey,

Thank you for visiting us in 2008 with a touching and beautiful nomination. Venonimiss says it all, as it should be said. She has sketched a saga of good parenting and good people who led by the way they lived and loved. And in reading her letter, we could all relate atleast parts of it to our own lives and parents. A worthy post, a worthy nomination! Thank you!

regards
    Vidya

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

5. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

I would like to nominate Kamalji’s post relating to the movie Taare Zameen Par – http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/18519-taare-zameen-pe-wonderful-movie.html

This post not only brought back sweet memories of childhood but it also made many of us revisit some of the long forgotten ideals from yesteryears like finding happiness in the simple things in life and the strong student teacher bond that existed then.

The post also reiterated the fact that good memories are made up of simple and inexpensive things in life. We forget this in today’s fast and materialistic world – I thought this post was a good reminder of that.

SS

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anandchitra,

I see you busying yourself with select reading this new year and I enjoy all your feedbacks, esp in Cheeniya's forums! :)

Thanks for your nomination of Hasa's thoughts on Mahatma. It is a soul searching article and wish it would reach the thoughts and hearts of those for whom it is really meant for. May be that is too much to hope for?

L, Kamla

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soaringspirit,

When good articles are brought here for nominations, it surely soars one's spirits !!

I absolutely enjoyed Kamalji's account of Taare Zameen Pe and already left a remark in his thread to say his essay was a Tara IL Pe!

Thanks for the nomination.

L, Kamla

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac, I did say that you are busy lapping up the best of the lot! Also, it is generous of you to bring the choice articles to the notice of everyone. Thank you!
    Kanaka's write up, 'Gita, the mother of all Gurus', is surely impressive. How come that the powers that matter fail to recognise some simple truths? Guess they have no time! :)

L, Kamla

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame