Finest Posts - February 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Theophrastus was chuffed when he finished 'Characters' but La Bruyere blinked unsatisfactorily and extended his work.

Little did they know that few centuries later someone would change the rules of stock characterization , every animate, bleating, beating, blinking corpus can have a character, personality. She just added one more to the cache of her characters! Our Sats spins a tale with any tail! Her http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/247092-knock-knock-whos-there.html is endearing whilst she tries she explicate her experiences in life through kitty reasoning. I love her posts like Hrishikesh Mukherjee's movies - amusingly dear to heart - filled with light-hearted thoughts.

(spoiler alert)

Though she does not talk of cats till the very end, I just wish she stays youngish like a cool cat in all her 9 lives.

1 person likes this.
  2. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

May I ? May I ? Er...May I? I ask this multiple times as I am not sure of the guidelines to nominate our Pliny's epic chronicling of adventures in a land he almost transformed as Wonderland where readers chuckled with delight at every tune he was singing, snap he was clicking and video he was rolling.

OJ's miniseries on his recent visit to Chennai is worth ..erm...am confused ..contribution, nomination ...or what should I tag it as ...hmm..I wonder if that is the reason they have a special jury award for lifetime achievement or something to honour contributors of opus like this ;)

Less I say the better for his posts http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/243866-mysterious-adventures-po-j-po.html as the words wriggle out of casted fonts and take you on a ride as if you were part of that adventure.

The above nominated post is my fav but the nomination is for entire series

1 person likes this.
  3. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

(clearing my throat)

(perching my specs higher)

(that three toothy grinny smile matters)

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear navs
    Thank you for nominating so lovingly the ever so lovable Viji's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/247805-my-story-of-love.html
    I have always been thinking that a love story and story of love were all the same mushy affairs but after reading through this thread of Viji, I understand how vastly different the two are. A Love Story is usually a mushy affair and the lovers keep saying unintelligible things like 'True love means never having to say sorry' while getting peevish about small things and demanding a 'Sorry' from the other for some very silly lapses!

But the story of love is different as we can see from Viji's wonderful narration. In a story of this kind, the birth of love takes place without either of them realising it. In the spiritual parlance, we call it 'sooshma roopam'. At one stage, the man slouches in his chair when she is away on some mission saying to himself as Prof.Higgins says of Elisa 'I have grown accustomed to her face!' And from there, it grows like a child being fed only on Complan.

I met this wonderful couple when they were in Chennai a couple of years back. Viji, for all her candid writings in IL, was unusually reticent and Iyer was doing all the talking. Viji's eyes were full of admiration for Iyer which was soon replaced by tears of joy. And why not? I could see that Viji was deriving all her strength from her man. He was not throwing her any glances of love from time to time but there was an undercurrent of concern and love in his words. That is the strong point of their story of love. There was nothing mushy but pure practical wisdom of how to keep a relationship going strong.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

:wowNavs dear when something happens without any expectation, you know how happy a person will be and thats what your nomination has brought me. Seeing your nomination I felt very touched . Everyone here knows that how happy I am when I get good responses , when my post is nominated and when I get fb and comments from Kamla and my dear Anna (Cheeniya Sir). Now I am in Cloud 9. Hugs to you. Just got this message from Google which I learnt in life from my dear husband.

Life Is Very Strange !!!

We Wish To Wear High Brands, But We Feel Most Comfortable In Simple Dresses…
    We Wish To Sit In A Five Star Hotel With ElitePeople, ButWe Enjoy The Roadside
    Vendor Food With Friends …

We Wish To Own Big Cars & Go On Long Drives, YetWe Talk Our Heart Out Only
    While Walking Down A Long road …

We Have 64GB iPods Filled With Songs, But Sometimes A Song On Radio Brings A Smile That Cannot Be Compared …
    Life Is Simple Indeed But We Make It Complex By Running After What Never Gives
    Us Happiness …

We Shouldn’t Chase Luxuries & Glamour Blindly,Lets Focus On The Peace Of
    Heart n Soul Also … ♥ ♥

3 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Dear Uttaraa
    Thanks a lot for bringing to our notice the rebirth of IL Book Club through your nomination of Iswarya's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/book-lovers/246520-il-book-club-february-2014-a.html

IL Book Club is our resident Phoenix. As long as there are people who still love the printed word and are never happier than having a book in their hands, this Phoenix will come back to life again and again.

It is such an irony that I am acknowledging this nomination after writing about Iyerviji's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/247805-my-story-of-love.html
    This what I meant when I wrote there that there was vast difference between a story of love and a love story. I have not read this novel by Susan and I just googled for it. I can see that this is the right book to revive our Book Club and I admire Iswarya's sagacity. The average age of IL being in the thirties, what could be more appealing than a romantic story? I wish the Book Club all the best and if your nomination here helps the message of revival of the Book Club getting across the various forums, I would be really very happy.
    sri

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

Today is a lucky day for me. I had gone for Narayaneeyam and came back sometime back and as always came to this forum. Was reading Uttara's nominations and when I scrolled down saw your reply to Navs about my thread. I could not believe my eyes. You know how happy I feel when my post is nominated and also feel happy to read your reply. I am so overhelmed with your reply that I dont know what to write. There is tears of joy in my eyes. I feel I have already received the award. You being my Anna I think I need not say thank you but need your blessings is enough for me. Like other young girls I also used to feel I should marry a person with money with luxuries etc. but after marriage only learnt from my husband that money is not everything.

I learnt that Life Is Simple Indeed But We Make It Complex By Running After What Never Gives Us Happiness …

We Shouldn’t Chase Luxuries & Glamour Blindly,Lets Focus On The Peace Of
    Heart n Soul Also …

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

9. Cheeniya

Dear Uttaraa
    Thank you for your nomination of OJ's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/243866-mysterious-adventures-po-j-po.html
    OJ's style of writing is always a delight to lap up. His sense of humour never leaves him even for a second. And his visit to Chennai has shown me the stuff he is made of. He is one member that IL should feel proud to have. The time just flew in his delightful company. Only on the day before his scheduled departure did I realise that a whole month had gone by.

We are all hoping that he'll make this an annual visit.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

The nomination thread for February is now closed. Please bring your nomination to the March thread!

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.